Dine Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DB2 System Administrator
at Dine Development Corporation
DDC-ITS is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation. Recognized by the Small Business Administration (SBA), we are certified as a Tribally Owned 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business.
DDC-ITS is dedicated to providing outstanding services to its customers and employees. Our strength is in our ability to understand our client's needs and deliver a solution that will not only meet those needs but exceed their expectations.
DDC-ITS strives to be innovative in all areas of business and is committed to technical excellence. Our corporate offices are located on the Navajo Nation reservation in Window Rock, Arizona, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Columbia, Maryland.
DDC-ITS provides unique, custom solutions to meet our customers’ communications needs. Our solutions provide communication capabilities using modern technology. At their most complex, they are multi-purpose systems that gather information from dozens of different sources. The information is presented to decision makers immediately, visually, clearly.
Advertised Job Title
- Maintain software and DB2 environments in compliance with the STIG and/or SRG. This includes keeping software at a vendor supported version, applying necessary security software patches within the required timeframe, and maintaining required documentation as outlined in the STIG. Maintain any and all software exits associated with the software maintained in this SOW, regardless of the language used to write the exit.
- Provide technical services to the customer on questions and issues relating to the database software maintained on the DISA mainframe systems for DB2, including all changes and upgrades. Provide a report to the COR on customer questions.
- Install, customize, upgrade and maintain DB2 Software on mainframe computer platforms running z/OS. Participate in planning and executing database migrations, application software upgrades/migrations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of departmental SOP. Ensure that all work is completed using the documented procedures, to include updating and maintain tickets, change requests, and documentation.
- Use SMP/E, to install and maintain software for execution in the IBM Mainframe platform, which includes the z/OS.
IAT Level 1: Must possess one of the following required certifications
- A+ CE
- CCNA Security
- Network +CE
Clearance Required: Secret, IT-I
Associates degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and three years' experience with installation and maintenance of IBM DB2 database software in a large mainframe environment.
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and two years' experience with installation and maintenance of IBM DB2 database software in a large mainframe environment.
Five years' experience with installation and maintenance of IBM DB2 database software in a large mainframe environment.