Dine Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior IBM z/OS Systems Programmer
at Dine Development Corporation
DDC-ITS is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation. Recognized by the Small Business Administration (SBA), we are certified as a Tribally Owned 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business.
DDC-ITS is dedicated to providing outstanding services to its customers and employees. Our strength is in our ability to understand our client's needs and deliver a solution that will not only meet those needs but exceed their expectations.
DDC-ITS strives to be innovative in all areas of business and is committed to technical excellence. Our corporate offices are located on the Navajo Nation reservation in Window Rock, Arizona, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Columbia, Maryland.
DDC-ITS provides unique, custom solutions to meet our customers’ communications needs. Our solutions provide communication capabilities using modern technology. At their most complex, they are multi-purpose systems that gather information from dozens of different sources. The information is presented to decision makers immediately, visually, clearly.
Advertised Job Title
- Provide planning, which includes development of implementation and installation plans for IBM Mainframe projects. The implementation plan shall include: detailed steps and requirements to successfully implement OS’s, software or hardware upgrades, or installations to IBM System z/OS mainframe platform. Provide timelines and milestones required for implementation or upgrade of the IBM mainframe platform to meet government established project deadlines.
- Use required software tools, including IBM System Modification Program/extended (SMP/e), IBM system utilities (including IEBGENER (generalized copy utility), IEBCOPY (utility to copy, compress, merge partitioned data sets), IDCAMS (access method services), to create, populate, update and configure required datasets and parameter libraries and members to successfully implement software installations and upgrades on the IBM mainframe platform.
- Create and deliver detailed installation/upgrade documentation, using government specified software and processes and formats. This documentation will include detailed dataset names, configuration parameters, and installation/upgrade procedures used to install/upgrade the IBM mainframe OS, software or hardware.
- Use IBM SMP/e to successfully receive and apply z/OS software and other related software on an IBM Mainframe. This includes interpreting SMP/e output messages to resolve software installation issues and requirements, use SMP/e panels to manage software installation packages, define SMP/e required parameters to successfully install and maintain OS and associated software products.
- Create, define and manage system and user catalogs on the IBM Mainframe platform. This includes using the appropriate catalog management utilities to create, update, merge and debug system and user catalogs.
- Diagnose and resolve IBM z/OS system abends and abnormal operating environment problems using system logs, and other available logs and documents. This includes creating and interpreting system traces and dumps, job output, and monitoring tools.
- Create, populate, secure and troubleshoot IBM z/OS USS (UNIX Systems Services) file systems and mount points. Manage the USS environment on an IBM z/OS mainframe platform.
- Create/update and debug z/OS parameters using government processes and procedures and requirements (aka PARMLIB).
- Plan, create and update accurate, detailed documentation for IBM z/OS mainframe platform software/hardware installation/upgrades.
- Use IBM z/OS mainframe job processing to analyze and debug batch processing issues. This includes an understanding of dispatching priorities and IBM z/OS mainframe security products and standard IBM mainframe software integration.
- Use IBM z/OS mainframe communications products, including Virtual Telecommunications Access Method (VTAM), Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
- Create, update, and debug Job Entry Subsystem (JES2) parameters and statements.
- Use knowledge of storage management tools and techniques including Data Facility Hierarchical Storage Manager (DFHSM), IBM utility used for backup and recovery (ADRDSSU), Systems Managed Storage (SMS) and virtual tape systems to perform installation, upgrade and debugging of IBM z/OS platform issues.
IAT Level 1: Must possess one of the following required certifications
- A+ CE
- CCNA Security
- Network +CE
Clearance Required: Secret, IT-I
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and seven years' experience installing/maintaining an IBM z/OS, utilization of required software tools and utilities, implementation and testing of related software.
Ten years' experience installing/maintaining an IBM z/OS, utilization of required software tools and utilities, implementation and testing of related software.