Nusenda Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Nusenda Credit Union
At Nusenda Credit Union, our commitment to excellent member service, care for our community, being an employer of choice, and offering flexible products and services have always been our priorities. With 210,000 members, 600 employees, and 21 branches, we are the largest not-for-profit financial cooperative in NM.
We have been voted one of the Top Workplaces and Healthiest Places to Work for multiple years! Being part of our credit union means being part of our community through The Power of WE.
If integrity, dedication, and a commitment to serving others is part of your DNA, we encourage you to review our list of open positions and apply today. We look forward to growing our Nusenda family!
We are seeking candidates for the role of Project Manager in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Project Manager will provide administrative project management support to chartered organizational, cross-functional, and departmental projects and process improvement initiatives. Consults with proposal teams in the creation of complete and quantifiable business cases recommending improvements or solutions for the organization. Contributes to the continuous improvement efforts to mature project management processes, tools, and professional development.
Our Project Management Department is part of the Organization Performance Division not a subgroup of IT. Being part of this group allows for exposure to diverse projects organization wide such as new branch builds, rebranding, system upgrades/conversions, interactive teller machines, and more! We are the internal support to department managers guiding them through our framework as they lead up to 30 projects per year. We loosely apply the concepts of PMBOK and Six Sigma. Our role is not to always be the project lead but serve as a resource to guide, consult, and support through projects. Openness to a service focused approach to project management support and adaptability in the use of standard methods is required.
Ideal candidates present the below traits:
- Feel the PMBOK is too structured. (We have our own cool framework!)
- Do not need to be the facilitator of meetings or lead of the project. (You support discussion!)
- Enjoys consulting and guiding team members through project steps. (To teach, not tell!)
- Does not require budget control (That’s for accounting!)
- Strong observation and persuasion skills. (Ninja-like!)
- Service based mentality (the Nusenda way!)
- Coordinate multiple, simultaneous organizational projects and process improvement initiatives. Provide project management support as requested by project leads. Contribute to project risk analysis and mitigation. Ensure tasks and schedules are tracked and documented appropriately, resulting in implementations that meet expectations of project sponsors.
- Independently perform detailed analysis of current processes/procedures and work with various Departments to develop a business case for change implementation. Identify opportunities for automation of manual processes, time and cost efficiencies. Analyze the same for new projects/upgrades ensuring that process improvement opportunities are tested, documented and implemented.
- Provide project management framework and documentation consultation. Responsibilities include contribution to and revision of project proposals, charters, test and implementation plans.
- Make recommendations to leadership to mature project management practices. Support organizational reporting and metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Certifications in Project Management (PMP), Lean/Six Sigma, or Master’s Degree in related field.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Knowledgeable in project management processes and process improvement methodologies.
- Capacity to analytically outline project plans including definition of tasks, order of implementation, timelines, and identification of project risks.
- Ability to organize various options into clear and quantifiable business cases for consideration by management.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers appropriately via in person, email, and formal writing.
- Proficient in all Microsoft products, including Visio, and other organizational software. Ability to write and edit a range of technical and professional communications.
- Excellent organizational, business writing and reporting skills with experience working with white papers, proposals, charters, RFP’s, test plans and deployment communications.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and translate changes to employees through written and facilitated communications.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and conflict resolutions within project teams.
Culture Fit Requirements:
- Leadership: You are a teacher, a coach and tough when you need to be. You are transparent and always have an open door. You inspire others to do their very best and continue to propel them throughout their career.
- Collaboration: You can work with the whole leadership team through influence and relationship building. You can jump into a situation with eagerness yet listen diligently and respectfully.
- No Job Too Small: The role is critical, but there is no job too small. While you will generate ideas and dream big, you will also write documents, schedule your own meetings, calculate, analyze or validate information/data, and understand how processes work from start to finish. Great detail and polish is a staple of our organization’s culture.
- The Facts and The Story: You can tell a story, motivate others, and make a fierce presentation but you are also fact based and can organize the data and your ideas into a solid business plan.
- Passion: You want to work in a place where what WE do matters. You love our community and want to make a difference in the lives of those who live and work here. You seek to exceed expectations and you take full ownership of everything with your name on it. It’s not just a job, it’s a passion!