Odessa Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Mammo Tech - Full Time Days
at Odessa Regional Medical Center
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 by 14 obstetricians, pediatricians, and family practitioners as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Hospital in 1995.
In June 2007, Odessa Regional Hospital purchased Alliance Hospital and changed its name to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. In 2015, ORMC acquired Basin Healthcare Center. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday with No Holidays or Weekends.
About the Position:
The Mammography Lead Technologist/Coordinator will coordinate day to day operations of Mammography services. Works closely with the Director of Radiology. Assists radiologists in performing invasive and non-invasive procedures. Assures optimal level of patient care. Assists in administrative duties such as budget planning, cost containment initiatives, coordinating staffing schedules and communicating areas of concern to appropriate parties. Provides proper care, patient evaluation and education for out patients following prescribe schedules, physician orders, competencies, protocols and utilizing proper equipment and procedures. Required to follow policy and procedure and standards of practice for mammography
About the Position:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Radiologic Technology. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), credentialed in mammography with ARRT, and Licensed in Radiology with the state of Texas. RT (R ) (M)
- BLS credential from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Mammographer with at least 2-3 years of experience performing QA/QC, audits, etc for MQSA, FDA, and ACR. Intimate knowledge of the Equips requirements.
- Incumbents in this position must possess: clinical excellence within Mammography, demonstrated leadership ability, assertiveness and confidence, strong communication skills (written and oral), problem solving skills and be self-directed.
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the department and patient is required. The incumbent will be able to maintain stable performance levels under conditions of pressure and multiple demands. Meets all required competencies within specified time frames.
- Guiding the professional development of the team within the Mammography department.
- All other duties assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled