OGE Energy Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Network Administrator
at OGE Energy Corp.
Provides high-level technical support and expertise associated with continuous monitoring and management of data networks and associated telecommunication and network security devices. Performs configuration, monitoring, tuning, optimization, patching, and troubleshooting of devices and networks. Coordinates outages and changes with other internal service groups and external service providers. Performs compliance activities associated with network, network security, and telecommunications assets.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the integration, planning, design, and implementation of data networks, network security devices, telecommunications devices, and associated monitoring and management systems.
- Configure routers, switches, firewalls, monitoring systems, and associated telecommunications devices.
- Isolate, coordinate, and resolve performance problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software diagnostic/testing tools and techniques.
- Perform compliance activities, such as patching, base-lining, vulnerability assessments, configuration reviews, and documentation reviews to meet compliance standards such as NERC CIP and SOX.
- Create and maintain compliance documentation on devices and networks compliant with standards such as NERC CIP and SOX.
- Monitor, evaluate, and maintain security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
- Schedule planned outages and coordinate with stakeholders.
- Tune, adjust and perform routine operational checks on equipment.
- Perform system upgrades and backups.
- Maintain data and records as required.
- Use best practices and knowledge of business and technology issues to improve the team's work processes.
- Coordinate work with customer and internal/external service providers.
- Associates degree or higher level of educational degree.
- Five (5) years directly related experience with Cisco network devices.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Three (3) years directly related experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate certification.
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator Certification.
- Knowledge of NERC CIP compliance standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detailed understanding, knowledge, and configuration ability of Cisco data networks, Cisco networking devices, and Palo Alto firewalls
- Basic understanding and knowledge of network and security related protocols and systems, such as TCP/IP, VPNs, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, SNMP, Ethernet, MPLS, routing protocols, and encryption.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing with members at all levels throughout the organization and outside professionals
- Self motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Team Player
- Internal customer focus with excellent customer service skills
- Office work environment with extensive use of a computer.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules.
- Occasional overnight or extended travel required.