Page Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technician Network Specialist
at Page Unified School District
Job Reference #: 234
Categories: Automotive/Motor Vehicle/Parts, IT - Computer Services & Support, IT - Hardware/Networking, IT - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 6/5/2020
- Technician Network Specialist JobID: 234
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Central Business Office
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled TITLE: Technician Network Specialist
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships based upon mutual confidence and respect.
- Intimate working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2016 and 2019, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016 and 2019(including Word, Excel, Power Point and Access), and Google Suite.
- In depth working knowledge of Lenovo microcomputers and peripherals, and Cisco switches, Xerox print devices, Chromebooks, Ipad’s, and experience in CAT 5 wiring within a 10mb and 100mb infrastructure.
- Preferred background in the K-12 education environment.
- Active Directory and IP telephony.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- This is a hands-on position that requires excellent personal communication skills and the ability to work with administrators, teachers, and students.
- Technical skills to do real time problem isolation and resolution dealing with software on microcomputers and peripherals.
- Thorough knowledge of PC's and knowledge and ability to install, maintain and diagnose Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Must be able to diagnose, test, maintain and repair computer desktops, notebooks, servers and network systems to include network hardware and cabling.
- Serves as a resource for administrators, staff and district committees in developing and implementing technology hardware to meet the instructional and administrative needs of the District.
- Works with the District Technology Committee in ongoing evaluation of the District Technology Plan and submits recommendations to the Director of Technology on needed hardware purchases for maintenance and upgrade purposes.
- Assists the Technology Committee, School Librarians and/or the individual building representative by making recommendations on the purchasing or upgrading of technology equipment.
- Reviews and evaluates new technology hardware as it is developed and provides information to the Director of Technology.
- Occasionally requires lifting or moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work from an elevated platform as needed for the installation and maintenance of cabling, switching equipment and wireless communication equipment.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license, as travel between sites is required.
- Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The District reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary.
WAGE: CLASSIFIED SALARY SCHEDULE – LEVEL 9
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
EVALUATION: Annually by the Technology Director
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!