Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Tech (BHT)
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Sonora Behavioral Health is hiring for Full-Time Psychiatric Behavioral Health Techs (BHT).
Empathy and understanding: do you hold these qualities close to your heart? At Sonora Behavioral Health, we put these values above all others when it comes to our patient care and employee’s happiness. We want you to come join our team!
Sonora Behavioral Health is the largest inpatient psychiatric hospital in Tucson with 140-beds serving adults, adolescents and children with behavioral health conditions and chemical dependency issues. Join us full-time and you’ll enjoy tuition reimbursement, competitive salary, with exceptional benefits. Work shifts are 12-hours, 3 days a week, with overtime available.
A Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) is responsible for providing personal care services to patients at the facility under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive and structured environment.
- Responsible for conducting safety checks and ensuring that supervision is conducted at 15 minute intervals, as noted in special precautions, or in accordance with individualized supervision guidelines as needed.
- Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patient's medical record.
- Assist in providing a safe, secure and comfortable environment for patients, significant others and staff.
- Interact routinely with patients, observe behaviors and communicate significant observations to nursing staff.
- Oversee or assist patients with activities of daily living, including toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, meals, snacks, hydration and changing bed linens.
- May obtain patient's vital signs, height and weight as assigned and document in patient record.
- Facilitate patient educational-rehabilitative groups which cover a variety of topics including social skills, coping skills, anger management and independent living skills.
- Engage patients in activities and interactions designed to encourage achievement of treatment goals.
- Complete and maintain required documentation. Assist with follow-up and paperwork as required on incidents and events that may take place in the facility.
- May provide transportation for patient or coordinate transportation with appropriate staff member.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Prefer one year experience working with the specific population of the facility.
First Aid, CPR, De-escalation and Restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
ADDITIONAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a valid level one Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements).
- Must be 21 years of age or older per Arizona Admin code R9-10-406..