Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Database Administrator
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Junior Database Administrator|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 27 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
The Database Administrator, Junior, assists that Database Administrator in the management of Peak Vista databases for analytic purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of database table design and standardization of those tables will also be required.
- Participates in the development, installation and maintenance of risk management and data warehouse software.
- Performs maintenance of the data warehouse, as assigned by the Database Administrator.
- Assists with the coding and documentation of scripts and stored procedures.
- Participates in the design and implementation of data strategy.
- Assists with maintaining data integrity within the data warehouse and other database systems used.
- Assists with repository management.
- Assists with data verification and testing methods for the data warehouse.
- Responsible for monitoring and improving the performance of the data warehouse with index creation and maintenance.
- Develop new reports which will include recurring and ad hoc reporting
- Use SQL, Crystal Reports and Microsoft Access databases for developing reports
- Responsible for reporting capabilities within the Practice Management and EHR systems
- Develop tools for self-reporting by other departments
- Demonstrate analytical and troubleshooting skills in an electronic documentation environment
- Support HIPAA compliance and Peak Vista's compliance plan
- Demonstrate understanding of Peak Vista business process to support the flow of information through all information systems Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School diploma required.
Work Experience: 1-year analysis experience required, using SQL scripts, at Peak Vista
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com