Phoenix Elementary School District #1
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Low Voltage Technician- Special Systems
at Phoenix Elementary School District #1
This position requires an individual to perform a variety of skilled tasks in the maintenance trades for the repair and improvement of special systems i.e., security systems, intercommunication systems, clock/bell systems, fire alarm systems and telephone systems. Consults on technical matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Conducts functional, operational, environmental and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of installed/electronic systems.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Writes reports and develops charts, graphs and schematics to describe and illustrate systems operating characteristics, malfunctions, and deviations from design specifications.
- Checks out newly installed equipment in structures to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Maintains an inventory system of parts and components necessary for servicing equipment and re-orders parts.
- Sets clocks and bells when school power has been interrupted. Replaces stem clocks as needed.
- Visits dealers to examine products and check prices.
- Consults on technical matters; i.e., location and placement of phone jacks, intercoms, etc.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair tasks.
- Must be available for rotational on-call emergency response duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Possesses ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- High school diploma or GED and two years of technical school or equivalent.
- Possesses technical knowledge of equipment and ability to operate and repair all kinds of clock/bell systems, intercoms, phones and security systems.
- Ability to load and unload heavy equipment.
- Possesses good disposition and ability to communicate in a tactful and courteous manner with co-workers, District personnel and the community.
- Must be able to obtain certifications related to position.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff and outside business representatives.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive District information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
GRADE 13 ON THE NON-EXEMPT SUPPORT STAFF SALARY SCHEDULE
This position is eligible for benefits. Learn more about our plans here: https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/
Job Contact Information
|Title||M & O Supervisor|
Monday, June 17, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)