Phoenix Elementary School District #1
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Integration Specialist
at Phoenix Elementary School District #1
The Technology Integration Specialist provides support for the effective use of technology in the classroom by modeling, co-teaching, and coaching instructional staff at Phoenix #1. The Technology Integration Specialist helps create and facilitate educational technology professional development district wide. The Technology Integration Specialist also assists with the process of writing Computer Science curriculum, as well as, strategies for integrating the curriculum into other disciplines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains current knowledge of technology, instructional practices, research and application that relate to the implementation of educational technology.
- Collaborates with other departments to develop, implement and update a district educational technology plan aligned to district goals.
- Creates and facilitates professional development relative to educational technology district wide
- Coaches and mentors instructional staff in their quest of integrating technology effectively in the classroom
- Represents Phoenix #1 in meetings related to educational technology
- Collaborates with school principals and leadership teams to meet school technology goals
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Collaborates with teams of teachers to design, develop and revise written curriculum guides to ensure a technology integration focus.
- Monitors implementation of the written curriculum and analyzes student achievement data to make recommendations to ensure students success specific to technology integration.
- Design, develop and revise K-8 written curriculum guides for designated content areas (Computer Science Standards) aligned to the expectations of Phoenix #1 as specified by the Strategic Plan, Curriculum Audit and Curriculum Management Plan
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Valid Arizona Elementary Teaching Certificate
- Five (5) years successful teaching experience
- Evidence of leadership experience including but not limited to coaching, facilitation of professional development, curriculum writing and program design
- Master’s Degree or higher (preferred)
- Experience with instructional software (K-8)
- Certification/Badging credentials of Microsoft Office 365 and/or G Suite
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to make graphs and databases representative of logistical and assessment information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working-relationships with administrators and co-workers.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to allow for participation at evening meetings.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality; possesses unquestionable integrity.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theories
- Can prioritize multiple tasks, work under stress, and take direction, ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
- Able to maintain a clear focus relative to: curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Exemplary abilities relative to establishing priorities and making well-thought out decisions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting skills
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious-working relationships with staff, universities, the Arizona Department of Education and outside business representatives.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is treated as a full-time, exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
The statements in this job description describe the essential function and requirements as assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive fingerprint and background check.
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
PESD1 is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process contact Lauren Pagnotta, HR Supervisor, at (602) 257-6072 at least 3 days in advance.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)