Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
3159 - Administrative Services - Technical Support - County Attorney
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is with the Pima County Attorney's Office. OPEN UNTIL FILLED. First Screening 11/15/2019.
Salary Grade: P3
Performs maintenance, repair, or installation of computer equipment. Provides technical support in the automated processing of information and office automation related activities. Performs in one or more of the following computer environments: (1) networking and data communications; (2) user orientation and technical support; (3) installation, configuration, updating, testing, troubleshooting and repair of computer systems, cell PDA phones, PDA devices, networks, databases, and/or applications; (4) technical support; (5) basic development and maintenance of web sites (6) planning, design and implementation of minor information systems or projects; (7) development of data reports from various information sources and databases; (8) media-video editing and rendering. May specialize by type of equipment, operating system, programming language, application software, or network configuration and protocol.
For more information about the Pima County Attorney's Office, please visit their website at http://www.pcao.pima.gov
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the manager/supervisor.)
Typical office support duties of all specializations may include:
1. Networking and data communications:
Installs, configures, updates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains specialized software, computer hardware, peripheral components, cell PDA phones, PDA devices and network cabling;
Installs computers and peripheral devices such as printers, logical connectors, modems, multiplexers, scanners, and various communication controllers;
Coordinates network users, servers and printing applications and routing;
Administers and oversees network communication systems and computer users.
2. New employee orientation and technical support:
Develops orientation programs, including class curricula, materials and training aids for new employees;
Maintains and updates user and system documentation;
Trains new users in broad overall system configuration and use of selected software programs;
Conducts department certification and training relating to the security, use and dissemination of criminal data contained in the data base;
Performs basic vendor programming of personal computers, servers and other network devices.
3. Installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting and repair of computer systems, networks, databases, and/or applications:
Documents, tests, maintains, and debugs personal computers, server, hardware, network and peripheral applications;
Monitors inventory and maintenance of equipment;
Evaluates systems, networks, and applications;
Performs programmed test diagnostics to identify hardware problems;
Configures systems for new installation or modifications;
Removes, installs and replaces components in central processing units, monitors, and peripheral devices;
Installs, modifies and tests cables and fiber optics;
Identifies and remedies problems and difficulties with various software programs and peripheral devices.
4. Technical support:
Maintains and updates user and system documentation;
Makes basic entries into Microsoft areas such as exchange, active directory, etc.
Documents general systems flow of hardware and other related activities.
5. Basic WEB design:
Creating and updating basic web pages.
6. Planning, design and implementation of information systems or projects:
Creates and maintains documentation;
Prepares, communicates and implements detailed steps for completion of work projects in area of assignment;
Prepares, communicates and submits periodic project status reports;
Coordinates design of network communication with various County Attorney divisions;
Develops or modifies existing reports to assemble information for use by department management.
7.Auditing, compilation and presentation of data:
Reviewing data from a variety of sources including internal data bases and giving statistical analyses.
8. Media-audio/video editing/rendering:
Performs audio/video enhancement and rendering;
Performs still image scanning and printing;
Compiles and edits presentations utilizing audio/video and imported materials.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- diagnostic software applications for personal computers;
- personal computer electronics;
- computer data communications and cabling;
- microcomputer network and system software and hardware;
- assorted computer peripheral devices;
- word processing and data information systems;
- software and hardware programs and systems;
- general capabilities and operating principles of information technology equipment and programming
- accounting, mathematics and statistical methods and procedures as applied to the use of information
- technology equipment.
- identifying and using diagnostic software programs;
- troubleshooting, repairing and installing data communications systems, personal computer networks,
- communication systems, personal computers and server room peripheral devices;
- troubleshooting and repairing personal computer electronic components;
- using personal computers, server and network systems and software;
- documenting all facets of work product;
- establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with clients, staff, vendors and the public;
- organizing assignments, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines;
- gathering and assembling data from various sources;
- documenting system errors, changes and upgrades;
- comprehending and analyzing problems and determining the most efficient solution;
- analyzing operations and organizing their component parts into a logical system;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university, or vocational/trade school in computer science, management information systems, geographic information systems, computer aided drafting and design, or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority, and one year of experience in one or more of the aforementioned fields.
(2) Three years of experience performing work in one or more of the computer environments previously described in the "Position Description" statement.
(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Two (2) or more years experience supporting and maintaining Windows 10 Operating Systems.
- Two (2) or more years experience supporting and maintaining network printers in an enterprise environment.
- Two (2) or more years experience managing and using a help desk ticketing system.
- One (1) or more years experience supporting and managing Apple products.
- One (1) or more years experience supporting Android mobile devices.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: All applicants must pass a criminal history background investigation prior to appointment due to the need for access to law enforcement, detention or correctional facilities records or information systems.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Some positions may encounter frequent exposure to cleaning fluids, inks, developers, lubricants, low temperatures, low humidity, machine noise, and dusty conditions. Some positions may require lifting, moving, and stacking 50-80 pound cartons to/from shoulder height and the ability to identify/handle industry-standard color coding of wiring, terminals and associated equipment and materials. Some positions require the ability to work in cramped, confined or dimly lit places. Any additional physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.