Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
4716 - IT Technical Support Analyst
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Information Systems Technology Unit with the Pima County Sheriff's Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 56
Installs, configures, deploys, trouble shoots and maintains client computing and communications hardware, software and associated peripherals infrastructure following generally defined procedures and practices for clients of the Pima County Information Technology (IT) Department or within an Elected Official's IT team.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's need and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Installs, configures, deploys, trouble shoots and maintains client computing and communications hardware, software and associated peripherals;
Coordinates, administers and performs installation, configuration, decommission, troubleshooting and maintenance of client devices including desktop/laptop computers, hand held communication devices and printers;
Assists in the development and enforcement of client environment configuration and deployment procedures, and practices;
Troubleshoots and resolves complicated issues within the client operating system, applications and affiliated software and hardware environment;
Assists in evaluating and recommending client computing and communications devices for use by County employees (e.g., desktop and laptop computers, printers);
Assists in defining client environment system administration policies, procedures and practices;
Participates in the development of department and division procedures regarding implementation and configuration of software and hardware used within the client-computing environment;
Assists in defining client infrastructure and associated component processes and improvement opportunities;
Monitors client computing and communications environment for proper operation within established performance, function and availability expectations;
Configures and maintains conference/meeting room presentation equipment;
Communicates information to and between the user community and other IT resources;
Captures and records actions taken in Service Desk Management system per Service Desk procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- desktop or other operating systems and affiliated software components, services, protocols and technologies, to include office automation applications (e.g., Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint) and other vendor commercial applications interfaced into client computing and communications environment;
- wireless communications equipment such as fixed, portable and mobile radio devices, dispatch console equipment, as well as related radio system and remote site control equipment with working knowledge of FCC rules, regulations and technical standards;
- security standards relating to information technology and procedures within Pima County;
- IT infrastructure library for the incident and problem management environment;
- hand held communication devices (e.g., Blackberries, Radios), other affiliated devices and email messaging/data synchronization applications and procedures;
- wireless, voice and data services devices;
- Intel desktop computing architectures and affiliated hardware components and technologies including networking, modems, monitors, projection devices and other peripheral devices;
- desktop computing, printer and other peripheral device driver, connectivity configurations and administration utilities (e.g., Microsoft SMS etc).
- organizing workload, being proactive and managing a wide variety of customer requests simultaneously with minimal supervision and direction;
- written, verbal and interpersonal communications;
- operating within a fast paced, highly technical environment;
- writing procedures and work instructions;
- operating as a member of a team;
- employing quality skill sets and diagnostic tools;
- being resourceful, self-managed, customer focused and demonstrated ability to maintain a solid understanding of client computing and communications deployment, configuration, upgrade and integration concepts;
- coordinating and communicating with internal and external customers/vendors;
- employing diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills with detailed orientation.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment.
(2) An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and two years work experience in information technology, including the maintenance and administration of client computing or communications hardware and software infrastructure.
(Additional relevant work experience/education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience in Windows Active Directory domain environment.
- Experience with service desk ticketing software.
- Experience supporting a large organization (500+users).
- Experience deploying and maintaining desktop computers and related hardware.
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., A+, MCDST, MCITP, MCSA). Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application or prior to completion of initial/promotional probation. Failure to obtain/maintain the required licensure/certifications shall be grounds for termination.
Special Notice Items: Department of Labor regulation CFR Part 1910.1030 requires notification that some positions in this category may have a moderate risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Hepatitis B vaccine will be provided. Some positions will be required to work rotating shifts which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. All positions require satisfactory completion of a background investigation due to the need for access to law enforcement, corrections and courts facilities, property, communications and associated confidential information and documents, databases and evidentiary materials. Pre-/post-appointment drug screening and polygraph examinations are required of all positions due to the need for access as described above.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: All positions require the ability to identify industry standard color-coding of electrical wiring and components. Some positions may require the ability to lift or move equipment, climb and descend ladders to work on elevated towers or below grade platforms. Other physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.