Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
4716 - IT - Technical Support Analyst (LMR - Subscriber Technician - PCWIN)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Wireless Integrated Network (PCWIN) Department.
Salary Grade: 56
Installs, configures, deploys, trouble shoots and maintains client computing and communications hardware, software and associated peripherals infrastructure following generally defined procedures and practices for clients of the Pima County Information Technology (IT) Department or within an Elected Official's IT team.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's need and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Installs, configures, deploys, trouble shoots and maintains client computing and communications hardware, software and associated peripherals;
Coordinates, administers and performs installation, configuration, decommission, troubleshooting and maintenance of client devices including desktop/laptop computers, hand held communication devices and printers;
Assists in the development and enforcement of client environment configuration and deployment procedures, and practices;
Troubleshoots and resolves complicated issues within the client operating system, applications and affiliated software and hardware environment;
Assists in evaluating and recommending client computing and communications devices for use by County employees (e.g., desktop and laptop computers, printers);
Assists in defining client environment system administration policies, procedures and practices;
Participates in the development of department and division procedures regarding implementation and configuration of software and hardware used within the client-computing environment;
Assists in defining client infrastructure and associated component processes and improvement opportunities;
Monitors client computing and communications environment for proper operation within established performance, function and availability expectations;
Configures and maintains conference/meeting room presentation equipment;
Communicates information to and between the user community and other IT resources;
Captures and records actions taken in Service Desk Management system per Service Desk procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- desktop or other operating systems and affiliated software components, services, protocols and technologies, to include office automation applications (e.g., Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint) and other vendor commercial applications interfaced into client computing and communications environment;
- wireless communications equipment such as fixed, portable and mobile radio devices, dispatch console equipment, as well as related radio system and remote site control equipment with working knowledge of FCC rules, regulations and technical standards;
- security standards relating to information technology and procedures within Pima County;
- IT infrastructure library for the incident and problem management environment;
- hand held communication devices (e.g., Blackberries, Radios), other affiliated devices and email messaging/data synchronization applications and procedures;
- wireless, voice and data services devices;
- Intel desktop computing architectures and affiliated hardware components and technologies including networking, modems, monitors, projection devices and other peripheral devices;
- desktop computing, printer and other peripheral device driver, connectivity configurations and administration utilities (e.g., Microsoft SMS etc).
- organizing workload, being proactive and managing a wide variety of customer requests simultaneously with minimal supervision and direction;
- written, verbal and interpersonal communications;
- operating within a fast paced, highly technical environment;
- writing procedures and work instructions;
- operating as a member of a team;
- employing quality skill sets and diagnostic tools;
- being resourceful, self-managed, customer focused and demonstrated ability to maintain a solid understanding of client computing and communications deployment, configuration, upgrade and integration concepts;
- coordinating and communicating with internal and external customers/vendors;
- employing diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills with detailed orientation.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field.
(2) An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a closely related field and two years work experience in information technology, including the maintenance and administration of client computing or communications hardware and software infrastructure.
(Additional relevant work experience/education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Two (2) years of relevant experience working in LMR radio shop that supports a medium to large enterprise radio communications system.
- Proficient reading and writing English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of an organization.
- Proficient/experience with MS Office, including MS PowerPoint.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience analyzing and documenting complex radio issues.
- Knowledge of/experience with wireless communications equipment, including portable radios, mobile radios, and fixed radio equipment and accessories.
- Knowledge of/experience with IP networking technologies.
- Experience working independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing excellent customer service.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to obtain a CETa Certification from ETA International.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., A+, MCDST, MCITP, MCSA). Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Department of Labor regulation CFR Part 1910.1030 requires notification that some positions in this category may have a moderate risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Hepatitis B vaccine will be provided. Some positions will be required to work rotating shifts which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: All positions require the ability to identify industry standard color-coding of electrical wiring and components. Some positions may require the ability to lift or move equipment, climb and descend ladders to work on elevated towers or below grade platforms. Other physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.