Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
4760 - ITD - Business Systems Analyst
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Information Technology Department.
Salary Grade: 54
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to be a member of a small team of BSAs supporting efforts internal to the Information Technology Department. This role involves close cooperation and coordination across the entire department, with particular focus on the infrastructure (networking and data center). The successful candidate will be self-motivated, thorough with attention to detail, enthusiastic, always willing to learn, and able to work effectively with technical specialists, business specialists and management. We offer an opportunity to utilize your skills, build new ones, work in a team environment and advance your career. You bring enthusiasm, professionalism and a desire to get better every day, as well as to make a difference in your community by supporting the mission of Pima County Government.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Evaluates objectives to determine business process and system needs for a department's single focus project;
Documents processes, creates visual models and charts for clear understanding of business needs and project objectives;
Develops business case and cost/benefit analysis for proposed solutions of single focus projects;
Assists a team in developing solutions for business process that involve multiple departments and/or cross-functional platforms;
Assists in developing resolutions to project related communication and process issues;
Conducts meetings with client groups and prepares presentations on proposed solutions;
Develops written communications and documents related to business processes and solutions;
Conducts research of potential solutions, presents alternate solutions when needed and analyzes software and hardware requirements of proposed solutions;
Works with ITD management to determine scope of project and priorities, reports on project progress to both the department and ITD management;
Prepares test cases for evaluation and participates in User Acceptance Testing (UAT);
Coordinates the implementation of project solutions with affected departments and/or elected officials;
Performs data analysis, produces reports using SQL queries and performs systems administration such as installation and migration of software between servers.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- office productivity, programming and email tools;
- principles and techniques of systems analysis and design;
- principles of systems thinking;
- business application software relevant to functional area;
- hardware and software evaluation;
- principles of data analysis;
- concepts and application of business intelligence, analytics and data warehousing;
- operating principles, capabilities & limitations of hardware, software and database systems;
- effective teamwork behaviors;
- industry security standards and procedures.
- written and verbal communications for business and technical audiences;
- operating as a member of a team;
- facilitation and elicitation practices for requirements gathering;
- problem-solving and troubleshooting;
- process analysis and optimization;
- documentation and specification;
- visual modeling;
- resolution of conflicting goals and objectives;
- application of project methodologies, such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.;
- understanding systems environment (server, database, web server, browser, and associated hardware);
- creating SQL queries and associated reports and visualizations.
- Minimum Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent and two years of experience in either computer hardware or software support, business analysis or data analysis.
(Relevant education, as defined by the appointing authority at the time of the recruitment, from an accredited college, university or technical trade school may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience as a member of a team, implementing information systems, using an Agile methodology.
- Experience as a member of an implementation team, gathering and documenting business/system requirements and success criteria in a robust project/product backlog.
- Experience as a member of an implementation team, testing success criteria for requirements in a robust project/product backlog.
- Experience as a member of an implementation team, analyzing current business processes, developing and documenting business processes, and gaining customer acceptance of new or modified business processes.
- Experience as a member of a team responsible for the on-going maintenance and support of information systems.
- Experience as a member of a support team, gathering data from systems (using SQL queries or PowerShell scripts), and analyzing the data (such as with pivot tables and PowerBI visualizations).
- Experience as a member of a support team, providing application administration, as well as application operational maintenance and support.
- Experience supporting, developing or maintaining any of the following:
- Data centers
- Active Directory
- MS SQL Server
- .Net Framework
- Standard PC
- Mobile development environments
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates:
Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.