Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIRECTOR - IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE (PMO)
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Project Management
- Location : Location
The Director of the IT Project Management Office (PMO) will ensure the value and accountability of strategic enterprise program/projects through processes and controls governing program/project management, planning and organization, acquisition and implementation, delivery and support, and measurement and evaluation to ensure business value. The Director PMO position employed within the IT Organization and works in an integrated fashion with the multiple portfolio resources across the enterprise. The IT Enterprise Director PMO works closely and is a peer with the Business PMOs supporting the other PHS lines of business.
The Director, IT Project Management Office (PMO) will operate at a strategic level in collaboration with executives to ensure projects and portfolio activities are conducted to the benefit of the overall business. The goal of this centralized PMO will be to provide companywide guidance, governance, standardized processes, and project portfolio management best practices, tools and techniques. This diverse role manages a team of IT Project Manager Professionals that supports enterprise wide programs and projects supporting three main project portfolios in Presbyterian Health Services (PHS) businesses. The portfolios include support for Presbyterian’s Delivery Services supporting multiple hospitals and clinics Health Plan, and Data and Analytics Project Portfolio.
Responsible for the direction of multiple programs and projects in the three portfolios. The Director IT Project Management Office (PMO) maintains a strong and trusting working relationship throughout the Presbyterian Healthcare Services enterprise.
- Develops, manages and monitors that the three project portfolio conforms to the enterprise portfolio management standards – provide documentation to executive management accordingly.
- Provide IT PMO Department Leadership, management and mentorship for the IT PMO Managers and their staff; collaborate with Enterprise Business Director PMO peers, senior and executive leaders and all program/project participants.
- Ensures that all Programs and Projects follow standard SDLC and project management standards.
- Manage the IT Portfolios and ensure standard auditing processes and procedures are followed, such as: project artifacts are kept on the Project SP Sites according to the PMO standards: workplan, budget, project organization and governance structure, RAID workbook, scope documents, project change requests, Minute meeting/notes. Project or Program structure etc.
- Manage/update, monitor and notify/alert and accordingly and report-out as needed to management the overall IT Enterprise Project Budgets. Budget range for the portfolios is $80+ Million annually. Ensure The IT Enterprise PMO using the PMO Project workbook and reporting out budget status, accordingly. Ensure all invoices are processes properly by PMs.
- Participates in strategic and tactical planning for the organization and partners with senior management to identify and prioritize company-wide projects in the Company s strategic and annual business plans.
- Is responsible for delivering all projects contained in the IT project portfolios on time, within budget, and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
- Assist as needed with any vendor management for the IT Enterprise PMO Project portfolios or as requested by CIO, other executives, IT PMO Managers, and the PMs.
- Manage IT PM’s capacity and resource planning and align with projects. Monitor and notify/alert management as needed.
- Coordinate and manage the Governance Project report outs, ensure all Project and programs meet status report and standards.
- Ensure Projects receive appropriate budget approval and budgets - are known and communicated to the IT PMO Managers and their staff.
- Manage, notify, resolve and alert – accordingly, any issues or risks that need escalation within the Project Portfolios. This could range from case to case basis and nature of the issue and risk from simple 2 hour to multi-day complex work.
- Direct, lead, and recruit for the overall staffing and resource planning for complex programs structures and projects according to the enterprise portfolio and strategic initiatives.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and screening new PM candidates and other resources as required.
- Ensure professional development planning for the department.
- Maintains personal professional growth & development through seminars, workshops & professional affiliations to keep abreast of trends in the Project Management, IT, and Healthcare fields.
* Bachelor Degree
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Health Information Technology or related field of study is required.
Master’s Degree preferred.
Seven or more years direct management experience is required with at least three years managing a PMO. Director, Manager, and Project Manager in healthcare delivery system and/or health plan and experience managing vendor relationships is preferred.
Director, Manager, and Project Manager in healthcare delivery system and/or health plan is required. Experience managing vendor relationships and vendor resources is required.
Experience in IT is required.
Experience in establishing processes, controls, and metrics in a Project Management Office (PMO).
Experience managing multiple enterprise-level, large, complex projects is required. Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification (or within 6 months of hire date).
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.