Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Information Technology
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- Rev Hugh Cooper Admin Center
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Weekday Schedule Monday-Friday
Under general direction, devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities
Provides advanced support for definition/refinement of business requirements and for quality assurance/acceptance testing efforts
Designs, develops, tests and debugs software components of moderate to high complexity
Provides implementation, production and upgrade support for software components of moderate to high complexity
Manages the development of user and technical documentation according to department standards
- C# ASP.NET MVC Experience
- Web API Experience integrating applications using both RESTful and SOAP web services
- Worked on Agile/Scrum projects
- Sitecore development (Sitecore Certified Developer a plus)
- Xamarin mobile development experience or any native mobile development experience
- Bitbucket and Jira experience
- Experience working on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery projects
- Experience working with the Dell Boomi integration platform is a plus
Bachelor s degree in related technical/business area plus 4 years of IT or business experience. 6 years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree Advanced understanding of Computer Science principals, programming languages/tools, debugging/troubleshooting techniques and Computer Operations. Advanced capability to analyze information, determine software design requirements and then design, develop, test/debug and implement software components. Advanced capability to document software design as well as run time /operations instructions and recovery/restart procedures
* Bachelor Degree
* Information Technology
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.