Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Visualization Developer
at Progress Residential
Data Visualization Developer
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
As a Data Visualization Developer, the primary responsibility is to create impactful, dynamic, and insightful data analytics for Progress Residential’s data platforms. The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer/Data Visualization Developer works regularly with the Database Team to assist in creating ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) packages using SSIS while performing their primary role as a Reporting/Dashboard Developer.
Perform reporting related activities which include understanding requirements, data analysis, data modeling and data transformation. · This also includes quality assurance, creating documentation, testing activities, and other tasks related to the report development lifecycle.
The successful candidate has the skills and experience required to support tasks such as: identifying, installing, configuring, developing, deploying, training and maintaining high-quality reports and dashboard visualizations.
- Plan, identify and design data integration strategies, develop intuitive designs, and build enterprise interactive dashboards with built-in guided data analytics
- Build interactive interfaces, infographics, and visualizations to tell stories with data
- Iterate, prototype, and implement data visualizations using advanced design and development skill
- Meets with users to understand their analytic needs and suggests best ways to visualize the data through mockups and white boarding.
- Develop and maintain SQL queries that support data warehousing joining data from disparate systems, analytics, and semantic and business logic application.
- Gather and document reporting requirements, transform requirements for data into creative visualization, easy to consume business analytics and reporting
- Utilize interactive drill-downs, movements, and highlights to add layers of information, and engage users to explore data
- Ensure data quality and consistency for all developed dashboards and reporting
- Solution design and creation (using a variety of tools Qlikview, Tableau, SQL/PLSQL, TSQL, Excel, PowerPivot, SalesForce Analytics, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in quantitative areas
- 3-5 years expertise in analytics and visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, and PowerBI)
- Experience in tabular and multidimensional queries
- Detail oriented with strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Advanced SQL and data blending skills (T-SQL)
- Experience with Salesforce & Yardi a plus
- Self-motivated/ can work independently, sets high performance standards for oneself and good team player
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.