Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Technician II
at Jemez Pueblo
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Responsible for providing technical support to end users; serves as the second point-of-contact for customers seeking assistance with selection, installation, and maintenance of personal computers, mobile smart devices, printers, phones and network equipment; develops functional, technical understanding between peripherals, applications, customer usability and implements solutions.
- Embraces “ownership” of assigned tickets through final resolution.
- Monitors and responds quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT ticketing system, by phone or email; documents action(s) taken and resolution outcomes.
- Installs imaging software, tests functionality, documents how-to procedures and prepares systems for deployment; troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software problems.
- Asks questions to determine nature of problem and help walk customer through problem-solving.
- Document all incidents and occurrences using clear and concise text and creates step-by-step process for training material with screenshots for knowledge base.
- Asks relevant questions and listen to customers to determine root cause of issues.
- Report and escalate significant and recurring issues to the tier-3 support team.
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease end user troubleshooting.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Wireless Access Points (WAP) and other systems.
- Trains other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Writes, edits, and revises training manuals for new and updated software and hardware implementation and deployment.
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues.
- Remote access customer’s hardware by means of multiple technology median for quick patch installs, system modification, resolving end user problems.
- Exhibit high level of trouble shooting skills; problem solving resolution, critical technical and functional methodologies to effect root core analysis.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of networking protocols, including DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and SSH.
- Establishes work priorities, schedules and project plans; tracks project status and reviews work in progress; gives periodic updates to internal staff and user department staff.
- Instructs end user of proper operation of hardware and software; ensures that there is clear written documentation and instructions for non-technical personal computer and network users.
- Uses standard best practices in the course of work; may drive a motor vehicle or be able to arrange appropriate transportation to various work sites to perform on-site trouble shooting and attend meetings.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the department's service provision by developing ideas, cooperating with work teams, by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); and technical course work in computer science, information systems or a field related to the work; and two (2) years of experience in installing and troubleshooting personal computer and network hardware and software.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems, printers and mobile devices
- Local area network hardware and software capabilities and installation techniques.
- Hands on experience with diagnosing and resolving basic technical issues.
- Documentation and user instruction methods and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Standard Information Technology best practices and procedures.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting network and mainframe gateway hardware and software.
- Analyzing user needs and evaluating and recommending appropriate hardware and software purchases.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting personal computer hardware and software.
- Instructing others in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Preparing clear and concise documentation, user instructions, reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN II
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Microsoft certification or CompTIA’s certification program, or other comparable enterprise level IT credential or ability to attain within (90) days of start date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation. Employment is contingent upon passing the background investigation.