Republic Bank & Trust Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analyst II
at Republic Bank & Trust Company
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Data Analyst II will leverage a set of data technologies and business knowledge to help the company solve advanced business problems and identify growth opportunities. This position consults with multiple areas of Bank operations (Marketing, Sales, Technology, Finance, and Executive), and will collaborate closely with all levels of leadership to define business challenges and strategic objectives, develop and implement statistical/data mining models, analyze data (internal and external) and present findings. This position will be instrumental in helping Business Intelligence, a central analytics and reporting team for the Bank, advance the use of data within the company to better understand business trends as well as to predict future possibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Finance, Statistics, Business or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a challenging analytical role required. Must be able to uncover insights from data and provide recommendations that improve business performance.
• Demonstrated proficiency with SQL Server technology, including T-SQL query language and Data Mining.
• Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, and financial analysis required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the following competencies preferred: Banking Industry Knowledge, Business Analysis, and Marketing.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products and internet applications required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead discovery on business challenges and strategic objectives as they relate to Business Intelligence projects.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Apply innovative modelling and analytical approaches to draw conclusions and provide actionable recommendations to answer the business objective/question.
• Provide valued information based on analysis and create communications that provided the analysis to the business in terms they can understand and utilize.
• Deliver complex analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences senior executives, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
• Work cross-enterprise to identify and validate necessary data sources and elements.
• Create insightful analytical reports for presentation and communication of the data.
• Attend regular Business Intelligence strategy meetings with Executive management.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams and control a project.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Meticulous to detail and extremely organized.
• Able to handle a certain level of autonomy, as well as, ambiguity, as business requirements are not always spelled out.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee occasionally may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Bank facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime work.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.