Roosevelt Elementary School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19/20 SY Information System Specialist
at Roosevelt Elementary School District
Job Reference #: 1444
Openings as of 8/23/2019
- 19/20 SY Information System Specialist JobID: 1444
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED TITLE: Information Systems Specialist – Student Management
- Provide student management software support to end-users in school sites and district office locally and remotely.
- Perform student management software installation/upgrades
- Responsible for the information systems operation duties (reports, back up, disaster recovery procedures, system monitoring, etc.)
- Provide training and instruction in the use of the district student management system.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation for software and hardware changes in district systems.
- Responsible for the documentation of the district information systems.
- Customized programming and scripting when required.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated specialized knowledge and ability to work with highly complex situations and procedures.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, telephone communication, and preparation of written correspondence including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
CLASSIFICATION: Technology Department – Classified Technical Professional Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
SUMMARY: Under limited supervision provide technical software support for Districts student management application. This includes troubleshooting, monitoring and maintaining applications. This position also requires providing training regarding the student management programs.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Certification as Microsoft product specialist or certification as Microsoft solution developer and SQL programming experience preferred.
One to three-years experience supporting application software.
Experience in product development and database systems with experience working with Windows environment.
The work environment is mainly performed in a normal office environment or a computer room, which is often cooler than a normal office setting.
Information Systems Specialist
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, professional exempt, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!