Salt River Project
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Salt River Project
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
As a member of the Virtualization / Private Cloud team, the candidate will play a key role in designing and supporting the virtual server environment. The Virtual Server/Cloud Analyst works closely with server engineering team and is responsible for the management, architecture, configuration, DR, and administration of all virtual servers, backups and related software and security components. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the team on issues related to the configuration and monitoring of mission-critical information systems maximizing service quality for the organization as measured through key indicators.
- Support the Installation and Configuration of ESXi Servers and vCenter Servers
- Deploy Virtual Machines and use Clones, Snapshots, Templates.
- Health Check for VMs and ESX Host, Present / Assign NFS Volumes to ESX Host
- Configuring and understanding HA, Use of DRS, Backups, and vMotion
- Support the VMware Automation stack of products (vRealize Suite)
- Strong knowledge of VMware disaster recovery concepts
- Good experience on installation, configuration and managing VMWare environment
- Document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Knowledge on VMware Datacenter and Management Products like vSphere, vCenter, vROPs, vSAN, vRA & vRO, & NSX.
- Proficient in Microsoft OS and Red Hat Linux
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 2012/ 2016 Server and trouble shooting skills;
- Should have worked with OEM hardware (HPE/Cisco), & remote connectivity tools
- Good working experience on monitoring tools – Spectrum, ServiceNow, SCOM, and vROPS
- Capacity planning and Fine tune system for optimal performance
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
Other Skills / Experience:
- Prefer 10+ years of experience that includes 5+ years of VM administration and 5+ years of hands-on experience and proficiency in managing and maintaining a medium/large environment (at least 1000+ Servers)
- Production systems work experience
- Datacenter understanding
- Experience with Database Migration, Installation, Upgrades and Patching
- Scripting knowledge such as Powshell, VB Scripts, VRO, Puppet, Chef will be an added advantage
- NetApp Storage Management Techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Clustering / SQL AlwaysOn/ Oracle a plus
- Experience with Cloud Offerings (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS)
- Understanding of HyperConverged Technologies
- VCP, (Essential)
- ITIL (Preferred)
- Any cloud certifications (Preferred)
Requisition ID: 9701
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
* 401(k) plan with employer matching
* Retirement pension
* Paid vacation
* Parental leave
* Holiday pay
* Sick leave
* Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
* Wellness programs
* Pre-tax benefits
* Short and long-term disability plans
* Tuition assistance