Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Samaritan's Purse
Love containers and automation? Have a passion for the emerging DevOps field, where your work impacts millions every day?
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer (Jenkins, Ansible, MySQL, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Python,) to join our internal Corporate Cloud team! This long term Cloud build and Implementation, stands at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. This DevOps Engineer would be apart of a fast past team of Developers, Engineers, and Architects to help build and deploy vital components of our Enterprise Private Cloud. The ideal candidate for this role would need exposure to one or more of modern programming languages to include Ruby, Python, PHP, Django, and/or Go in an Enterprise Linux/Unix/CentOS or RHEL environment. The ideal candidate would be a very forward-leaning, fast paced, and passionate DevOps Engineer who enjoys learning the newest technologies and Open-Source projects. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
* Preferably 2+ years of DevOps experience in a Linux/Unix/CentOS Enterprise environment.
* Experience developing in one or more programming languages including Python, Ruby, or PHP..
* Desired experience utilizing Docker for Containerization and Kubernetes for Orchestration.
* Experience utilizing Git (or similar) for Source Code Management and tracking
* Experience utilizing Ansible and/or Chef for Automation Configurations.
* Experience utilizing Jira for source code management.
* Desired Cloud exposure to AWS, AWS EC2, AWS S3, Azure or OpenStack.
* Preferred knowledge/exposure to any of the elements in the "ELK" Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstach, Kibana) complex Log Analytics.
* Experience utilizing a log monitoring tool such as Nagios, Splunk, or similar.
* Exposure to one of the following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
* Solid understanding of the SDLC, and SDLC principles.
* Working cross functionally with existing CI/CD Developers when additional Continuous Integration/Development tasks are needed.
* Preferred IT operations or Embedded Developer background.
* Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
* Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
* Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
* Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
* Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
* Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
What We Offer:
* Extremely Competitive Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision insurance
* Extremely high 401(k) retirement plan.
* Career with Purpose!
* Great work/life balance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Much more!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)