Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Technical Specialist
at Samaritan's Purse
We have an exciting opening for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Technical Specialist to join our International Projects team. This position will give you the opportunity to provide technical guidance on the design, development, and implementation of program and country level M&E planning. This position will also work closely with staff, both on the field and at our International Headquarters, to develop, manage, and operationalize MEL systems, tools, and strategies. The MEL Technical Specialist will also advise country offices on data quality and accuracy, data collection and analysis, monitoring, and reporting against performance indicators, developing methods and milestones to monitor progress towards goals, and evaluation methods and tools.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
**NOTE: This position is based at our location in North Wilkesboro, NC. We are unable to accommodate for remote work**
What you will be doing:
- Regularly advise, support, and train international country offices on basic and complex MEL concepts, including:
- Needs and capacities assessment
- Problem analysis
- Developing a logical framework or Theory of Change
- Using learning outcomes to inform project interventions
- Selecting and implementing activities, outcomes, and impact
- The development and implementation of a country level lessons learned mechanism, feeding into program design and adaptive management strategies
- Conducting data driven workshops/learning and reflection sessions
- Designing, planning, monitoring, data collection and analysis, report preparation, and dissemination of project data
- Indicators, strategies, and tools for tracking project progress and bottlenecks and to achieve crosscutting objectives, including gender mainstreaming and protection
- Designing and conducting project evaluations to ensure maximum impact
- Use of mixed research methods and the creation of assessment tools and surveys
- Designing sampling strategies using probability and/or purposive sampling methods
- Data collection, storage, and analysis activities to capture Monitoring and Evaluation information and ensure data quality
- Propose information management solutions for enhanced efficiency through streamlined processes, automation, and electronic forms.
- Ensure global standards for quality program monitoring and evaluation are followed and adopted by program teams.
- Develop and circulate a variety of tools to record and synthesize the output from lessons learned. Ensure outputs, communication products, and other records of learning are organized and available for staff use.
- Advise on statistical analysis of project data and conduct advanced analysis when required.
- Support country offices in development of MEL strategies in proposals and reports during the proposal development process.
- Assess skills gaps of MEL systems, plans, and staff. Design trainings (webinars and field visits) to improve skills based on the identified gaps, coach/mentor staff to improve skills, and build capacity of international country offices.
- Foster and facilitate information, experience, best practices, and resource exchange amongst M&E field staff across country offices.
- Serve as team member on short-term evaluations, assessments, and other studies as needed.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) and minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training in monitoring and evaluation methodologies; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with theoretical and practical background in research or MEL and knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques.
- Experience with community participation in mapping and other M&E processes.
- At least two (2) years’ experience living or working in a developing country preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications and proficiency required in SPSS, Stata, or other similar statistical analysis software, iForm, DHIS2, ERP systems such as Serenic Navigator, GIS systems such as ArcGIS, MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, demonstrated ability to assess priorities and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines with extreme attention to detail and quality
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills to conduct complex analyses on a wide variety of project issues
- Experience in grant monitoring and evaluation principles
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)