Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Finance Business Systems Analyst (BSA, FSCM, ERP, Finance)
at Samaritan's Purse
Who Are We:
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Financial Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to join our internal IT department. This individual would be for supporting, managing, and consulting with Samaritan's Purse staff on the effective planning, deployment and use of technology. This position combines knowledge of IT and Financial/Enterprise Resources Management Systems, best practices, standard business processes, and ministry goals to help plan, develop, and deploy processes and/or systems and technology that meet business needs. Interacts within IT and functions as the liaison to all other ministry departments (including international field locations) to assess requirements and resources, both internal and external. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate the overall process and application solution(s) involved. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Serve as Senior Business Analyst by working with end users to understand various Ministry Systems (HRIS, HRMS, IT, Financial, Donor, etc.) and develop solutions to their business processes using various technology to maximize their performance.
- Leads and/or participates in requirements definition sessions with stakeholders to capture detailed, system-agnostic business requirements.
- Experience with Enterprise Finance and/or ERP Systems to include Workday, SAP, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft FSCM, or related Financial Systems.
- Facilitates sessions to document current business process and designs to-be processes and understands the finance functional business processes across the entire organization.
- Train end-users domestically and internationally on existing and/or new Finance Systems and processes across all departments when necessary.
- Supports the ministry in the review, planning, testing and implementation of Financial Management System upgrades or edits.
- Utilizes all available tools and information sources to elicit requirements, including interviews/meetings, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, and workflow analysis.
- Provides effort estimates for business analysis in proposed initiatives.
- Document functional specs, ensuring that all details of business data and business rules are included.
- Leads team building and group facilitation, compiling, tracking, and analyzing data, as well as preparing group training materials.
- Serves as a liaison between IT and other ministry departments; including international, in needs assessment and subsequent, design, development, delivery, and maintenance of technology solutions.
- Work with any project or process team to recommend appropriate changes in process/approach.
- Works closely with project management and software developers to formulate the high level technical solution.
- Lead discovery sessions to identify business scenario use cases for all in-scope process steps.
- Coordinate the implementation of new Enterprise Applications on a global level requiring collaboration with other areas within IT, as well as other departments across the ministry organization.
- Initialize all test cases with traceability to business and functional requirements.
- Perform functional testing, regression testing, and facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Coordinate testing of new and enhanced applications with SP staff.
- Assists in the development of Finance system end-user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Assists in the development of standard and custom reports and dashboards for ongoing customer needs.
Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)