Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Procedures Tech FT 1.0
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Special Procedures Tech FT 1.0
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
SPECIAL PROCEDURES TECH
Job Summary and Scope
- SUMMARY: Assist in the nursing care and preparation of Special Procedures/Endoscopy Center patients. Functions as a member of the procedure team in issuing supplies and instruments to Providers. Ensure adherence to Hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include: Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups. Values, a positive work environment and efficient, quality patient care. Will report compliance or equipment issues to department director.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Works with staff team to gather necessary supplies, equipment and instruments
- Decontaminate all equipment, instruments and supplies
- Assist in preparing patient and procedure area for procedures; prepare and maintain unit equipment, carts, and supplies
- Assist in maintenance and care of specimens; prepare specimens for laboratory analysis
- Transport patients to and from requesting areas; ensure adherence to all safety measures
- Preform restocking duties as necessary
- Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
- Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
- Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
- Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
- Contacts are normally made with other within UNM-Sandoval
- Contacts are usually with own department staff and own supervisor
- Contacts frequently contain confidential/sensitive information necessitating discretion at all times
- Percentage of contacts by phone: 5%; percentage of contacts face to face: 90%; percentage of contacts by email: 5%.
- Percentage of contacts with patients: 80% and percentage with non patients: 20%.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in infection control
- Multi-tasking skills
- Teamwork abilities
- Critical thinking abilities
- Ability to remain focused and organized
- Ability to independently seek out resources
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses/Certifications: BLS within six (6) months of date of hire or transfer
Work Experience: 6 months within healthcare setting
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements:
- National certification in area of specialty
- 2 years recent experience in area
- Dual language certification
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference checks and a post offer drug screen.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Tuberculin Skin Test required annually
- Hospital required vaccinations
- Hospital required competencies
- Typical office and/or patient care, acute care hospital environment.
- Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community.
- Occasional exposure to minimal physical risk