Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Procedures Tech Lead FT 1.0
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Special Procedures Tech Lead FT 1.0
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
SPECIAL PROCEDURES TECH LEAD
Job Summary and Scope
SUMMARY: Under general direction, manage, coordinate, organize, and maintain supplies, equipment and technology used in each Special Procedures/Endoscopy area. Assist in the nursing care and preparation of Special Procedures/Endoscopy Center patients. Functions as a member of the procedure team in issuing supplies and instruments to Providers. Ensure adherence to Hospital and departmental policies and procedures. The delivery of quality service and positive interaction with customers is critical to the completion of all tasks. Patient care assignment may include; Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Works with staff team to gather necessary supplies, equipment and instruments.
- Decontaminate all equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Assist in preparing patient and procedure area for procedures; prepare and maintain unit equipment, carts, and supplies.
- Assist in maintenance and care of specimens; prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Transport patients to and from requesting areas; ensure adherence to all safety measures.
- Performs restocking duties, and ordering of supplies as necessary.
- Maintains Joint Commission standards, including all documentation required.
- Assume responsibility for portions of the quality control programs and provide instruction as required.
- Participates in quality and patient safety committees.
- Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes.
- Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk.
- Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner.
- Participates in the negotiations with Vendors and Vendor contracts.
- Collaborates with the Unit Based Educator in staff training and in-services.
- Acts as point of contact for proceduralist and scheduling matters.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
- Contacts are normally made with other within UNM-Sandoval
- Contacts are usually with own department staff and own supervisor
- Contacts frequently contain confidential/sensitive information necessitating discretion at all times
- Percentage of contacts by phone: 5%; percentage of contacts face to face: 90%; percentage of contacts by email: 5%.
- Percentage of contacts with patients: 80% and percentage with non patients: 20%.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in infection control
- Multi-tasking skills
- Teamwork abilities
- Critical thinking abilities
- Ability to remain focused and organized
- Ability to independently seek out resources
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
· BLS within six (6) months of date of hire or transfer
· National certification in area of specialty
Work Experience: 2 years recent experience in area
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements:
· Dual language certification
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference checks and a post offer drug screen.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Tuberculin Skin Test required annually
- Hospital required vaccinations
- Hospital required competencies
- Typical office and/or patient care, acute care hospital environment.
- Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community.
- Occasional exposure to minimal physical risk