Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
at Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
|Employment Status|| |
Under supervision IT Infrastructure Manager builds, configures, administers, and maintains application and storage server systems.
- Builds, configures, administers, and maintains application and storage server systems.
- Creates and maintains ADS schema, DNS, DHCP, and other network infrastructure systems.
- Administers Microsoft Exchange e-mail system.
- Designs and provisions virtual servers and desktops.
- Configures, monitors, and maintains the corporate patch management and anti-virus systems.
- Monitors assigned systems activity and makes recommendations for improving utilization, security, and integrity of systems.
- Conducts preventive maintenance routines and change control processes for assigned systems to ensure optimal operation while minimizing business impact.
- Performs regular system backups and validates them by disaster recovery testing.
- Ensures compliance of all assigned systems with applicable regulatory frameworks.
- Provides technical training to end users regarding infrastructure systems use and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains technical records and documentation in conformance to department standards.
- Assists Network Engineers and Technicians in administration of network backbone infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, audio-visual systems, VOIP telecommunications systems, and cabling plant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and experience required.
- Three (3) years’ experience administering Microsoft Windows and VMWare based servers in an enterprise environment required.
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) certification preferred.
- Prior experience in a casino IT environment preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Must be a team player.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to handle, grasp, and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work various hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- The team member must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle stress effectively.
- Must be able to maneuver around the office and the facility as needed to collect and distribute all necessary documents.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Telecommunication equipment.
- Computers, printers, servers.
- All additional office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Team member will be exposed to inclement weather and a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
Hazards include working around moving equipment. Equipment must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.