Sazerac Company, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sazerac Company, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Supply Chain
- Regular Full-Time
Sazerac Company Overview
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double-digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
The Packaging Engineer, supports packaging component and assembly processes through design, specification, controlling and testing in the manufacturing and conversion processes, ultimately resulting in packing fit for purpose. This position provides a skilled resource to plan, lead, attend and evaluate both producer and plant testing prior to product commissioning and is predominately focused on field-based materials development testing. Reports directly to the Senior Packaging Engineer, based in Louisville, KY.
- Identifies and progresses appropriate field testing to ensure successful projects. Maintains packaging testing records. Performs due diligence in new designs to evaluate and determine packaging fitness of purpose and prove resilience; this includes evaluation of graphics, color, color copy, legal, mechanical, performance specification and fitness for purpose approvals. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- With direction of the Sr Packaging Engineer, completes assigned new and revised packaging structural assessments to meet project time lines; Working with local plant teams, identify and progress design revisions ensuring packaging performance is optimized; Participate in the design development of new/revised packaging; Develop and maintain packaging and materials standards, ensuring consistency. Ensures thorough, functional, and complete communication of packaging processes.
- Identifies packaging improvements and technology to will lower our carbon footprint and our cost. Assists the Procurement team with qualification testing for such items. Coordinates tests with local plant teams.
- Develops and documents assigned testing and data management procedures. Works in concert with internal quality departments, completes assessments and maintains records, including the approval register. Assist with control of the origination, approval, and maintenance of packaging component specifications, application data and finished goods specifications. Determines machine setup and tooling requirements for components.
- Assists with processes to ensure that packaging supplies are approved by FDA and other regulatory agencies as required by law. Maintain a digital file of components that touch the product, including caps and bottles. Identify current and future packaging trends and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years relevant experience
- APICS Certification or Six Sigma Certification
- Wine and spirits industry experience
- Experience in manufacturing software (ERP, MRP, MPS, WMS)