Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front End Engineer
at Scaled Agile
Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility. Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 400,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of position: At Scaled Agile we are building an in house team of creative software engineers to enhance the Weave Platform which provides our SAFe community the next generation capability for distributed, Agile teams. The Weave platform enables companies to align on priorities, develop roadmaps and create budgets that improve performance throughout the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your reactive framework and SaaS experience in a truly agile company with a design oriented team using software development best practices. We use a design driven, core technology approach, utilizing a set of services, apis and patterns to build our application. In addition to delivering significant functionality to our platform we’ll be looking to improve our cloud infrastructure and all the technical fun that entails.
What you’ll be doing:
As a senior front end engineer you will be working with designers and backend engineers to deliver features for our platform. You will be implementing designs to create visually compelling user flows connecting them to application services via reactive component based development.
Skills and experience important for the role: You must possess a solid technical background with the ability (or proven desire) to create secure, scalable, standards compliant solutions. While we’d like you to grok Agile development practices and multidimensional collaboration, we’re happy to teach you what you don’t know.
You need to be dynamic, fast working and absolutely reliable, capable of working under tight schedules while treating our customers with sensitivity and decorum. Good communication skills, attention to detail, patience and a sense of humor are essential.
○ 3+ years experience in Angular or equivalent reactive frameworks (react, vue.js) developing self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
○ Given a visual design, you can generate html5 and css3 to create a pixel perfect implementation which is responsive and works well on iOS/Android devices
○ Experience in functional concepts such as asynchronous programming using futures and functional composition
○ Up to date with modern front end workflows/tools like SASS, Webpack, Grunt, etc.
○ A solid understanding of integration and design using Web/REST APIs and integration patterns such as webhooks and technologies like ZapierDesign Skills
○ Proficient at component design and implementation
○ Able to interface with backend developers to architect simple solutions to complex problemsAgile Skills
○ Able to function within a team with fluid roles and evolving backlog
○ Adhere to best practices by using and creating development patterns
○ Able to deliver whole and complete product within the bounds of sprint
Where you’ll be working: This position is based in our corporate headquarters and training center in NE Boulder with stunning views, easy access from Foothills Parkway and free parking
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and are the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a great office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and create real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters)