Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Systems Analyst
at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Do you enjoy providing excellent service and building strong co-worker relationships? We need energetic and caring professionals to join our Application Development team in support of a rapidly growing company. Successful candidates will have opportunities to participate in challenging work with knowledgeable business partners and likeminded co-workers. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, well-spoken people who are success-minded, reliable, and flexible.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Own responsibility for the requirements gathering process and deliverables associated with their project.
- Be responsible for create of use cases that are effective and actionable by application development.
- Own creation of user acceptance criteria that is effective and actionable to facilitate the software quality assurance testing process.
- Embrace ownership of defects and missed requirements associated with business analysis opportunities for improvement.
- Be responsible for coordination and facilitation of user acceptance testing.
- Contribute in achieving company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
- Perform other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
- Demonstrates experience in a variety of the field's concepts and practices such as:
- Business process modeling.
- Effective use case and user acceptance test scenario creation.
- Differentiation of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ability to translate data and thoughts to actionable items.
- Outstanding facilitation skills.
- Effective use case creation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Strategic and business mindset.
- Effective team player.
- Decision making proficiency.
- Calmness under stress, pressure or ambiguity.
- Comfortable working with senior leadership.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Transact SQL.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with relational database design and concepts.
- Fully understands various software development lifecycles and possesses actual experience with real world application of multiple requirement gathering approaches.
- A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
Education & experience
- 12+ years' experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- IIBA CBAP or CCBA certification a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies a plus.
- Experience with JIRA as a project lifecycle management, development and defect tracking tool.
- Experience with TFS.
- PTO (paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Up to 15% travel to other company locations for projects, training, etc. may be needed periodically.