Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Processor (Permanently Remote)
at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage (NewRez - Sister company) Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
This is a great opportunity! NOW is the time to join our GROWING team! After you apply, visit the link below to complete an assessment so we can assess your skills for the position (a completed assessment is mandatory to be considered for the position).
Once your application is received and your assessment is complete, a Recruiter will be in touch to discuss next steps
IT’S YOUR FUTURE. EXPECT MORE!
The NewRez Mission:
Exceed the expectations of our residential mortgage borrowers & business partners through superior service, simple processes, and effective communications.
We deliver on this mission by empowering our employees by encouraging and recognizing superior performance and innovative solutions, by promoting teamwork and divisional cooperation.
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1stanniversary!
- Great Base salary with lucrative monthly incentive!
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Casual Workplace
- Employee Engagement Activities
- Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
- Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance!
The Loan Processor is responsible for all aspects of the loan process from application to closing, ensuring all critical dates are met to allow for on time closings.
- Manage a pipeline of loans, with a focus on meeting critical date deadlines
- Process Conventional, FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, VA and USDA loans from application to closing
- Evaluate borrower profiles to determine loan program eligibility
- Review borrower documents provided and update loan operating system. Run AUS as needed
- Acts as the main point of contact for borrower during loan process
- Review and analyze loan documentation, including income, credit, assets, appraisal and title
- Analyze documentation provided to clear processor conditions
- Address fraud alerts that may reflect on borrowers identity or for subject collateral
Education and Experience Requirements
- Current knowledge of FHLMC, FNMA, VA & FHA guidelines
- Solid understanding of RESPA, QM and TRID rules with respect to disclosing/re-disclosing
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of loan policies and mortgage regulations
- Must have five (5) years of mortgage industry experience
- Must possess the ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle competing priorities effectively and within established time frames
- Excellent interpersonal skills and pleasant disposition
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate careful decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic working knowledge of loan origination systems, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize loan files based on dates received, contingency dates and close dates.