State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology, student (PTO) (Focus: Developer)
at State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio
The State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio (STRS Ohio) is seeking a part-time IT student to join its Enterprise Solutions Department. Established in 1920 and serving Ohio’s educators, STRS Ohio is one of the nation’s premier retirement systems that provides rewarding work in a professional, business casual work environment and welcomes, celebrates and promotes respect for each individual. We are continually seeking bright individuals to join our team.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary: $20.00 per hour
STRS Ohio provides a comprehensive benefits package including free on-site parking, education assistance, subsidized medical insurance, fully paid dental and life insurance, vacation and sick leave, retirement benefits and an on-site fitness center.
Under the direction of the supervisor, Software Development or a relationship manager, provide support for current systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technology solutions that adhere to defined standards.
- Build new Java and Oracle applications to enhance current and new business processes. Code and test programs and SSIS packages. Develop new processes using Python or other development languages as required.
- Partner with senior developers to design, build and implement new or enhanced business solutions.
- Support assigned application processes by troubleshooting functional logic.
- Provide support to users.
- Develop and maintain system documentation in accordance with defined standards.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with other ITS teams.
- Provide status reports in accordance with defined standards.
- Assist in other projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- College student currently pursuing a career in math, computer science or business preferred.
- Successful completion of at least one programming course required.
- Previous work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of standard business operations preferred.
- Ability to work with and preserve confidential information required.
- Above-average oral and written communication skills required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with internal and external contacts required.
- Above-average organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Proven ability to operate Microsoft Office programs and standard office equipment required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while meeting deadlines with minimal direct supervision required.
- Excellent work record of attendance, punctuality and the ability to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet business needs. Occasional evening, weekend and non-regular work hours may be required.
The above list of duties in intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the persons so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of associates under supervision.