Steward Health - Corporate
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Chain Data Analyst II
at Steward Health - Corporate
The Supply Chain (SC) Data Analyst II will work under the direction of the Director, Process & System Performance and will be responsible for SQL database design, architecture, administration, and report customization. The database and reporting functionality produced by the Supply Chain (SC) Data Analyst II will provide fundamentally essential information to each division of the Supply Chain Department and Steward's Hospitals, leading to cost savings, product standardization and efficient supply chain practices.
Steward's supply chain department is a rapidly evolving and analytically driven with a focus on efficiency and process improvement. This role requires a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, strong technical and analytical expertise as well as longer term planning abilities. This role is fast paced, requires handling multiple projects at once and will be extremely rewarding as projects will directly affect the bottom line of Steward's hospitals.
Additionally this role will coordinate on various system process improvement initiatives and exciting ad hoc analytic projects as assigned by the Director, Process & System Performance.
• Participate in DB engineering architecture process.
• Database administration.
• Database performance tuning.
• Develop performance metrics.
• Assist with report generation and Data Analysis.
• Reporting product development.
• Develop database QA tools and KPI metrics.
• Assist supply chain team with DBA support when needed.
• Present reporting to supply chain team members and hospital users as required.
• Contribute to continuous improvement projects and data maintenance projects in the Supply Chain Department.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Desire to help and continually improve the capabilities of hospitals.
• Knowledge and familiarity with concepts in predictive analytics.
• Expert level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Expert level knowledge of SQL administration, engineering, and monitoring tools.
• Expert level knowledge of designing, constructing, administering, and maintaining data warehouses.
• Expert level experience with databases in excess of 1 TB.
• Detail oriented with strong quantitative skills.
• Desire to work as a team.
• Embrace change in an exciting fast paced environment.
• Good communication skills and strong customer service.
• Creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and manage deadlines as required.
• Knowledge of and experience with Supply Chain Department support processes in a Hospital or Health Care field.
• Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Experience (Type & Length): 3+ years managing enterprise data warehouses. Health Care/Hospital Supply Chain data management experience preferred.
• Software/Hardware: High degree of proficiency in Microsoft SQL; Access/Excel skills required; other Microsoft Office skills a plus.
• Other: Previous healthcare, supply chain, or materials management experience a plus.