Steward Health - Corporate
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health - Corporate
The Systems Engineer will perform a variety of tasks related to critical Hospital Systems. Requires an expert working knowledge of the Windows operating systems. Must have a high level of understanding of Windows Server, storage and networking protocols. Candidate will work with the team on incoming application technical design and implementation. Candidate will be responsible for support and troubleshooting Stewards Windows servers and related technologies. The Systems Engineer will have proven experience in technical review and implementation and installation of software systems, applications, and related products. The candidate will work under limited supervision. Position will report to The Director of Enterprise Engineering
Position will be in Dorchester; Local travel is required between Steward Health Care Hospital facilities across all sites
• Support for all servers in production
• Responsible for building and provisioning servers for production
• Work with internal support staff to ensure high level of availability for all production applications
• Refine requirements and specifications during implementation and integration to ensure system integrity, redundancy and acceptable performance for all mission critical applications
• Research new technologies for applicability to business requirements
• Implement and support server OS, hardware and associated technologies for all production systems
• Performs troubleshooting techniques to isolate, diagnose and correct common and complex server hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
• Provides technical guidance and recommendations to other members of Steward IS Department and staff involved in system deployments
• Management of SCCM & SCOM for the server environments
• Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
• Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Occasional weekend and off hour work might be required
• Experience in an enterprise server environment with both administration and problem resolution of Microsoft Windows Server required.
• Expert knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 & 2016
• Proficient knowledge of Active Directory management including DNS and GPO
• Experience working with VMware vSphere
• Experience with HP c7000 Blades and chassis
• Familiar with San storage technologies
• Experience with various hardware platforms (HP ProLiant Hardware c7000 chassis )
• Systems management application experience a plus, not required
• Knowledge of Backup technologies (Networker, Avamar) a plus
• Previous work in a Meditech environment desired