Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EchoCardiographic Vascular Technologist (Echo Tech) - Per Diem
at Steward Health Care System
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Imaging Service for performing all facets of echocardiographic and vascular ultrasound procedures. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all duties on skills checklist related to echocardiographic and vascular diagnostic studies.
- Demonstrates professional behavior.
- Prepares and performs technical non-invasive procedures or studies.
- Operates Equipment Safely.
- Processes information in the appropriate areas.
- Performs procedures in an organized and efficient manner.
- Provides quality patient care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a college or technical training program in Echocardiography Technology required, completion of Vascular Technology program preferred or must be actively pursuing.
Previous experience as a Cardiac Sonographer/Vascular Technologist preferred. After orientation, up to three month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Certification in BLS by the American Heart Association required. Registry in both Echocardiac Sonography required and registry in Vascular Technology preferred or must be actively pursuing and completed within 12 months of employment if not currently registered.