- Registered Echocardiographer
- 2 years experience
Echo Cardiology Testing includes: Inpatients, Outpatients, Stress Tests, Bubble Studies, and Contrast Studies, other testing as requested by Section Head and/or Medical Director
Schedule includes rotation between Inpatient and Outpatient testing. Workflow changes based on volume and urgency.
Days - 730am-4pm
Every Third Weekend
We are looking to add a parr time Echo Tech to our fast-paced busy Cardiovascular dept. within Morton Hospital located in the heart of Taunton, MA. We are a community health hospital who pride ourselves in providing exceptional care to meet our community’s needs. We proudly wear our “Morton Blues” and are the “hub” of healthcare for our region. We service not just our immediate Taunton residents’ needs but also surrounding towns treating all like family. That is what we strive for here at Morton – “Our Family, Caring for Yours” is not just our motto but our promise. So if you are looking to make a difference in the care you provide and to care for your patients as you would your own family member, apply today to this exciting opportunity.
Performs, under minimal supervision, routine and specialized testing on patient to obtain information used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Performs Echocardiograms, Stress /Dobutamine Echo’s and TEE’s as prescribed by physicians. Has working good working knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
- Performs all cardiac ultrasound techniques using an intuitive approach and ingenuity as necessary to arrive at a complete and diagnostic study.
- Prepares room, equipment and materials for patients as needed. Prepares patient for exam, i.e., explains the procedure, physically prepares patient and assists patient as needed after the procedure. Follows all established patient care protocol.
- Responsible for maintaining procedure logs and test results. Assures that the services provided meet the needs of the referring physician.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment according to established hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing all computer tasks associated with job responsibilities.
- Oversees the maintenance of all equipment according to hospital policy and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Assures patient safety.
- Prolonged standing or sitting, depending on lab section
- Occasional assisting in turning of a patient.
- Transporting of the testing equipment to other areas of the hospital to perform bedside exams.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion .
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customers satisfaction
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on the job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative hospital and all departmental policies and procedures including safety issues
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by MHMC and where they are located