Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MRI Tech, REQ 20677, Per Diem, Varied Shifts
at Steward Health Care System
Must be available 12 weekend shifts per year
Must be available for 2 holiday shifts per year (Memorial Day, Independence Day or Labor Day) and one winter (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's)
Must be available 2 additional shifts per month
This position is covered by the SEIU Collective Bargaining Agreement
Looking for a flexible and fully trained MRI technologist with GE experience. Able to work independently in a busy department
Job Summary: Responsible for Performs a variety of imaging procedures, including MRI procedures, and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities.
Regulatory Requirements: Must be ARRT registered. BLS required.
Minimum Qualifications: 1 year in MRI scanning and the ability to multitask, work well independently or as well as a team. Strong, positive, interpersonal skills.
* - Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
* - Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
* - Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure - makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
* - Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
* - Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
* - Shall at all times work under the direction of the medical director.
* - Takes appropriate calls according to monthly schedule after the closing of the regular department hours.
* - Completes all work before clocking out and leaving. This includes checking with nurses' stations.
* - Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
* - Maintains accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
* - Performs highest quality imaging consistent with prescribed examination; documents and deviation.
* - Interacts professionally with patient/family.
* - Understands and practices proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer's instruction.
* - Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population.
* - Must be acquainted with local fire and safety regulations.
* - Has knowledge of hospital policies and the functions of other departments