Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
This position is a key member of Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) project management team responsible for implementing major projects to change or enhance business practices, processes and systems for the department. Projects scope may include information technology selections/ implementations and/or operational improvement initiatives. Responsibilities draw on a broad understanding of the clinical inpatient and ambulatory operations, departmental practices and policies, and use of data analytics performance tools. Team supports national accountable care ambulatory, continuum of care value-based innovation initiatives for at-risk populations within SHCN.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing projects across the network. Works closely with senior administrators to facilitate the team's work and coordinate or manage the team's initiatives and projects based on strategic priorities.
- Manages multiple large and smaller complex projects simultaneously.
- Partners with sponsors and team leaders to create and implement team project plans. Focuses on critical success factors, project milestones and deliverables, risk mitigation, and develops contingency plans.
- Provides direction and support to leadership in assessing, planning, implementing and sustaining change in delivery of patient care across the care continuum.
- Uses project management tools and techniques to ensure reliable, timely, and regular reporting of project status and implementation to project teams.
- Leads project team meetings, including a review of action plans and tracking of project milestones. Updates action plans weekly and prompts accountable individuals to insure timely task completion. Supports activities of project teams and maintains project-related documentation.
- Performs root cause analysis to solve problems and interprets and analyzes data to centrally drive performance improvement. Supports development and utilization of dashboard performance metrics to achieve and sustain enhanced performance.
- Designs communication strategies for project progress. Ensures timely and consistent communication of project priorities, status, timelines, issues escalation, and deliverables to the user community.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Business or Healthcare preferred.
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years related work experience required - clinical operations and/or healthcare IT software implementations, meeting facilitation, and application of continuous improvement/Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience or training in project management. PMP certification a plus.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Project, Visio, Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Teamwork: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.