Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
As directed by a licensed nurse, performs technical nursing care assignments such as collecting, labeling and storing specimens, weighing patients, taking and recording vital signs. Observes documents and assists patients with activities of daily living. Under supervision, observes, records, and reports activities of patients requiring special precautions. Appropriately maintains patients per observation level, accurately documenting per observation log. Maintains additional inventory/log books on the unit, per protocol. The Tech responsibilities include sitting with patients, transportation of patients to other facilities for treatment when necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have High School Education. College education in health related field preferred.
- Experience in the treatment of mental health and\or chemical dependency preferred.
- Must have the ability to identify and address the special needs of all patients in pertinent areas including:
Adult - 18 - 64
Geriatrics - 65 and above
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status required
- New Hires required to acquire BLS within first 90 days of employment
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.