Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager
at Steward Health Care System
This position leads major IS Project and IS Program implementations under the supervision of the IS Director, Project and Program Management with particular focus on the delivery of solutions within the Steward Health Care environment using IS project management best practices.
• Manage the implementation of projects from inception to post-implementation support;
• Manage the implementation of project programs - multiple projects that roll up to a program;
• Manage the activities of cross-functional teams/workgroups as assigned for projects and initiatives;
• Drive projects to completion in a matrixed in-sourced and out-sourced environment;
• Manage business and technology risks associated with projects;
• Coordinate technology and implementation plans with other divisions and project areas;
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, accurate, and of the highest quality;
• Facilitate team and meetings with business partners effectively;
• Hold regular status meetings with project team;
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors;
• Deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations;
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion;
• Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully;
• Responsible for implementation, planning, and execution;
• Mentor and train business partners and more junior resources in project management best practices;
• Build and maintain productive, healthy work relationships across the whole organization; and
• Manage all projects utilizing the Project Management Life Cycle processes as defined by PMI – Project Management Institute.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Strong negotiating, motivation, and facilitation skills;
• Extensive experience with full Project Life Cycle and Systems Development Life Cycle Processes;
• Experience with Waterfall, Iterative, Agile methodologies as well as ITIL;
• Strong experience with Project Management Best Practices including:
o Project Administration;
o Prioritization of Deliverables;
o Project Planning & Time Management;
o Scope Management & Containment;
o Budget Management;
o Time Verification & Reporting;
o Resource Management;
o Project Review, Analysis & Implementation;
o Issues & Risk Mitigation/Management; and
o Production Readiness;
• Ability to manage dependencies within and across multiple projects;
• Broad understanding of information technology and its usage;
• Ability to independently manage large-scale development and implementation projects;
• Ability to identify and manage risk;
• Ability to lead through the creation of innovative strategies, methods, and approaches;
• Strong interest and good comprehension of emerging and new technology;
• Strong understanding of budgeting and planning;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong negotiation skills;
• Strong attention to detail, process, deadlines and quality results;
• Strong team player - able to negotiate compromise;
• Proven track record of meeting project timeliness/deliverables;
• Ability to motivate staff in a matrixed environment; and
• Ability to manage within a changing and dynamic environment.
I. Education: Bachelor degree or relevant experience required; MBA or MS Degree a plus.
II. Experience (Type & Length): Minimum 5-7 years' project management / systems implementation experience. Experience in the delivery of applications within the healthcare environment required.
III. Software/Hardware: Strong working knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
IV. License/Certification: Project Management Certification a plus - PMP.