Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Ultrasound Technologist/Sonographer is responsible for the provision of ultrasonic diagnostic procedures, studies, treatment and support to high-risk obstetric patients according to physicians' orders. Provides for patient safety and high quality testing. Has full knowledge of the indications, contraindications, and hazards associated with procedures provided. Assures accuracy of test results, reports and equipment by having a thorough understanding of tests and techniques. Maintains equipment in good working order.
- Graduate of an accredited school of ultrasound required.
- ARDMS registered in ABD/OB highly preferred.
- Nuchal Translucency certification preferred.
- 4-5 years min experience in ABD/OB sonography highly preferred.
- Experienced in high risk OB ultrasounds.
- Moderate skills in endovaginal scanning.
- Minimum skills in abdominal color duplex scanning.
- Previous experience in an outpatient medical setting may be helpful.
- Previous experience with computer software is helpful.
- Current CPR certification.
- This position is PRN/as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled