Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Revenue Performance Analyst
at Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Revenue Performance Analyst (RPA) is responsible for analyzing, trending, and supporting revenue activities and performance in their assigned Steward Medical Group market(s). The RPA is also responsible for providing training to practices based upon claims analysis.
- Functions as a content expert for practice pre-bill and denial holds, and complex claim issues in athena. Demonstrates mastery knowledge of working claims and holds in athenaCollector.
- Utilizing daily hold reports and other analytics tools, identifies areas of opportunity to reduce outstanding AR, surface workflow challenges, and provide education to practices.
- Analyzes claim issue workflow and provides training based on identified trends and denials.
- Functions as a training resource to practice management and staff.
- Assists with process assessments of revenue cycle operations in practice areas in an effort to identify process improvement opportunities. Functions as the point of contact for revenue cycle process assessments as assigned.
- Collaborates with appropriate resources to provide guidance and timely responses to practice inquiries about pre-billing holds and denials.
- Assist with working practice holds for identified practices as needed.
- Support Practices and Revenue Performance Managers by:
- Helping to manage projects and initiatives at the market and division level.
- Overseeing follow up of open items from day to day business activity.
- Identifying process gaps and recommending improvement initiatives.
- Works collaboratively across Revenue Cycle, Operations, and IT toward meeting the institutional goal of increasing revenue and decreasing outstanding AR
Knowledge, Education/Skills and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in revenue cycle required, preferably Physician billing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- athena experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Travel may be required.