Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their EEO and Pay Transparency rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement at: EEO is the Law
Start Over with Job Search Returning Applicant? Login Now
Company:Nammo Talley, Inc.Location:Mesa, AZ - Nammo TalleyPosition Type:RegularShift:Shift 1
The Nammo Group is a technology-driven aerospace and defense company specializing in high-performance defense and space solutions. Nammo Group’s innovative, diverse products and services are implemented worldwide. Its broad portfolio includes shoulder-launched munitions systems, military and sports ammunition, rocket motors for military and space applications, and environmentally friendly demilitarization services. Founded in 1998, Nammo is headquartered in Raufoss, Norway and employs more than 2200 team members worldwide.
Nammo Talley, Inc., a United States Department of Defense contractor, is part of the Nammo Group (Nammo AS). Nammo Talley takes great pride in our mission to equip and protect the men and women of the military by developing, manufacturing and supporting shoulder-fired weapons; energetic material solutions such as aircraft emergency escape systems, rocket motors, and warheads; and composite solutions including carbon fiber tubes and composite aero-structures.
The Nammo Talley is also home to the Nammo USA Shared Services center operation which provides functional expertise and support in Accounting and Finance, HESS, Human Resources, Information Technology andMarketing across the Nammo US family of companies.
We are seeking a highly qualified candidate to be the technical lead responsible for execution of propellant actuated device (CAD/PAD) and rocket motor programs. This individual will be reporting directly to the Chief Engineer of Energetic Material Systems (EMS). The Engineer will be the subject matter expert for multiple products, to include mature products and product development programs. The Engineer will act as the liaison between Program Management,Supply Chain, Planning, Manufacturing, and Test to ensure program success.
- Support bid and proposal preparation: scope of work, schedule, budget and technical volume
- Identify program technical risk during all phases of program (inception through completion) and support Program Manager in risk management
- Author program plans, test plans, test reports, and program reports
- Lead team in product and component design and analysis (structural, thermal, ballistic)
- Support resolution of supply chain technical issues
- Support manufacturing to ensure successful execution of product assembly
- Prepare and review design and process changes
- Plan, support, witness and report on test activities
- Lead failure investigation to identify root cause and corrective action
- Establish report and effective communication with customers
- Identify and champion IR&D and continuous improvement projects
Job Qualifications (Education/Skills/Experience):
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering discipline or Physics.
- 7 years industry-relevant experience preferred, though others will be considered.
- Previous work experience with energetic materials (propellants, explosives, or pyrotechnics) is preferred.
- Previous technical project/program lead experience.
- 3D drafting experience.
- Modeling (thermal, structural, ballistic, fluid flow) preferred.
- Familiarity with statistical methods and software used to perform statistical analysis.
- Proficiency at authoring technical documents such as test plans, test reports, manufacturing procedures, and project reports.
- Effective communicator.
- Bias for collaboration with supporting departments and customer departments.
- Candidate must be able to obtain security clearance.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!