Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Engineer II
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their EEO and Pay Transparency rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement at: EEO is the Law
Start Over with Job Search Returning Applicant? Login Now
Quality Engineer II
Company:Nammo Composite Solutions, LLCLocation:Salt Lake City, UT - Nammo Composite SolutionsPosition Type:RegularShift:Shift 1
About us:Nammo Composite Solutions, owned by Nammo Talley, Inc. is an engineering and composite manufacturing company with more than 20 years of operation. Our facility is located in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.
Job Summary:We are seeking a qualified professional individual to fill the role of Quality Engineer. The chosen candidate will be responsible for coordinating various aspects of quality compliance for assigned programs, and to provide primary interface with customer quality organizations (top tier defense customers and military agencies).
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures. Designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Coordinates root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action associated with discrepant program materials and hardware.
- Directs inspectors engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Prepares contract specific deliverables including QA program plans, quality surveys and material certification reports.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Dispositioning of MRB per customer requirements
- Establishes requirements for suppliers, developing incoming inspection plans for use in Quality Assurance
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications (Education/Skills/Experience):
- B.S. in relevant field or equivalent experience in a Quality Engineering Organization
- 4+ years of experience in Quality Engineering.
- Performing duties requiring application of mature professional engineering knowledge. May make some original contributions or apply new professional engineering approaches and techniques to the development of processes.
- Recommendations may be reviewed for soundness of judgement, but are usually regarded as technically accurate and feasible.
- Makes responsible decisions on matters assigned, including the establishment of professional engineering standards and procedures. Consults, recommends, and advises in specialty engineering areas.
- Ability to lead work independently in complex environments.
- Capable of managing workload requirements for 25% company revenue customers while balancing improvement projects with minimal input from Program Management. Producing deliverables per the program timelines as defined by the PM
- In depth understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and manufacturing concepts related to quality control.
- Experience in applying GD&T methods to a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and operation of CMM’s is a plus, but not required.
- Concise reporting of data and preparation of materials for the Change Control Board or Customer Reviews
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid accurate conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical facts.
- Capable of trouble shooting/root cause analysis in both the process and the inspection lab to assist when issues arise. Identification and utilization of resources with minimal additional required guidance.
- The role requires excelling interaction and communication skills with the ability to work closely with both internal and external customers including government agencies.
- Knowledge of SPC, VBLSS, Process Capability Studies, or other statistical methods is desired
- In depth knowledge of Supplier Quality and principals related with maintaining a healthy supply chain.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!