Tempe Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Service Desk Technician
at Tempe Union High School District
Job Reference #: 2197
Categories: Automotive/Motor Vehicle/Parts, IT - Computer Services & Support, Construction/Trades, IT - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 6/3/2020
- IT Service Desk Technician JobID: 2197
- Position Type:
Technology Infrastructure/Technology Infrastructure Support
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
07/01/2020 IT Service Desk Technician
- Assist parents, students, staff and vendors in the use and understanding of all student-based applications.
- Assist parents, student and staff with student-based applications including account and permission issues.
- Monitor and respond to incoming requests sent to the Help Desk regarding any parents’ issues with the student-based applications.
- Create support tickets; be the first line of support to resolve issues of limited complexity and assign more complex issues to the correct person for the ticket according to escalation/services matrix.
- Answer the Help Desk support tickets for parent questions and issues dealing with student-based applications.
- Generate usage reports and help identify trends in support requests.
- Maintain user documentation for the various student-based applications that may be published and used by parent users.
- Assist assigned departments with projects through researching, computing and analyzing data and information gathered via a variety of resources.
- Attain and maintain expert knowledge in all assigned software applications.
- Present findings and makes recommendations based on the research.
- Support the design and functionality of assigned systems, processes and related activities.
- Analyze and provide feedback/recommendations related to various system activities.
- Review data on a periodic basis and acts to help ensure integrity in systems and processes.
- Develops standard and custom reports and surveys to meet the reporting requirements of assigned departments.
- Analyzes both numeric and non-numeric data to identify trends, problems and propose solutions.
- Facilitate updates in a test environment; works with various district units to verify data integrity.
- Ensures data integrity.
- Develop and assist in maintaining training programs associated with assigned responsibilities or projects.
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via face to face service, e-mail, phone and electronic tickets.
- Assume responsibility for regular, systematic testing of disaster recovery procedures.
- Periodically attends training or participates in other means of maintaining up-to-date knowledge of systems and enhancements.
- Travel between schools may be required; rotation between sights may occur when deemed necessary.
- Ensures that all work is completed in accordance with District policies, regulations and applicable state and federal laws.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Two or more years of equivalent experience in software support and methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of the functions of SIS and ERP systems.
- Understanding of secondary school district operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of Disaster Recovery best practices.
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Help Desk Supervisor
Placement: Grade 25 Classified Salary Schedule
Term: See Duty Day Calendar
Provide first tier application support for parents, staff and students, primarily for Synergy, StudentVue, and ParentVue. This position will have primary responsibility of support for parents, but will also provide support to other constituents as appropriate. Perform database changes through the user interface, including accounts, permissions and data modification as appropriate. Performs database queries of moderate complexity. Develop IT application knowledge base and maintain web-based documentation to support parent use. Perform data cleaning tasks as assigned. Analyze data and identify trends. Respond to and route requests received via the District Helpdesk email accounts mainly dealing with supporting parents’ usage and understanding of the student applications.
Training and Experience:
ADA and Other Requirements:
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, crawling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, fingering, standing, walking, pushing, reaching, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, this job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!