The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CLINICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: EVERGLADES RE-ENTRY CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position acts as administrative and clerical support to the clinical staff including facilitating assigned modules, accounting for clients’ whereabouts and maintaining daily schedules.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements, coordinates and facilitates educational and didactic sessions for all components of Prevention, Outpatient and Aftercare.
- Records and maintains inmate attendance for Prevention, Outpatient, and Aftercare to ensure completion of required program component hours.
- Participates in clinical and technical staff conferences and training concerning the chemically and non-chemically dependent inmate as well as participating in inmate classification hearings and program disciplinary activities for inmates as assigned by the Program Director or Clinical Supervisor.
- Ensures secure storage of participants’ records.
- Prepares and submits all reports as requested by the Program Director or Clinical Supervisor.
- Assists with the enforcement of site policies and procedures.
- Reviews all transition material (Prevention Plan and Continuum of Care Plan) prior to inmates’ release.
- Assists in the development of schedules for inmates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of experience working in a counseling or prevention/addiction field preferably within a therapeutic community treatment or correctional setting; or
- Associate’s degree from an accredited academic institution and one (1) year of experience working in a counseling or prevention/addiction field preferably within a therapeutic community treatment or correctional setting.
- Ability to meet the security requirements for admission to the institution/facility.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER