The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS ANALYST
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assist with installation, configuration and support of the Company’s local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN). Monitor performance and connectivity of facility network circuits and networking hardware. Assist with the management and maintenance of the corporate office’s existing phone and data telecommunications systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages network integration services due to company acquisitions or changing needs to support the business.
- Assists with ordering and implementation of new circuits as well as upgrades of existing circuits and associated hardware.
- Reviews network monitoring and utilization reports and make recommendations based on analysis of data.
- Works directly with communications vendors and WAN monitoring services to ensure that outages and performance issues are rectified in a timely manner.
- Monitors and acts on network alerts received via GEO’s outsourced managed router services.
- Creates and maintains internal WAN documentation.
- Serves as a technical advisor to regional and facility IT personnel for voice, LAN and WAN issues and implementations.
- Configuration and support of the corporate office’s Cisco Unified Communications Platform (voice and video).
- Support the Corporate Office’s call manager including add/moves/changes in addition to advanced second tier support.
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier support for Cisco VCSE/VCS environment including endpoints.
- Configuration and support for Cisco Unified Contact Center.
- Configuration and support for Cisco Jabber, Presence and WebEx.
- Troubleshoot network and voice related issues.
- Interact with the internal IT training team and IT support center to create proper training literature for end users and support agents.
- Function as the project lead on voice, video and data related projects.
- Provide 24-hour on-call support to respond to the Information Systems needs or issues of the organization as necessary.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of networking, telecommunications and data communications on multiple levels.
- Appropriate knowledge of Cisco Router and QOS configurations to allow for proper troubleshooting with 3rd party network and router services.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications including:
o Cisco Tandberg Video Infrastructure
o Cisco Unified Call Manager
o Cisco Unity Connect
o Cisco Unified Contact Center
- Ability to keep abreast of new technological developments in the industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Must be able to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization. Must be able to act as a competent liaison between the corporate and the field.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.