The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIR, HR INFORMATION SYSTEMS
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for directing a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) team and function and is a strategic and collaborative partner with Human Resources (HR) and Information Technology (IT) management, other Company management and associated vendors. In addition to providing leadership and supervision of all HR technologies, this position oversees all HRIS project management, vendor relationships, systems and metrics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing and managing HRIS projects, ensuring timely completion, within budget and meeting internal expectations. Manages the HRIS team and negotiates priorities and support requirements.
- Collaborates and provides necessary teamwork and support with other departments, including Information Technology (IT), Human Resources (HR), Business Management, Payroll and outside third party vendors.
- Plans and controls departmental staffing.
- Reviews and approves hardware or software acquisitions to ensure that they are consistent with the business plan of the department.
- Designs the HRIS business processes and supporting module elements, HR, Payroll, Employee and Manager Self Service, Recruitment, Compensation, Benefits and related business processes.
- Develops, maintains and upgrades the HRIS applications including Applicant Tracking, Affirmative Action and EEO, Self-Service, Absentee Management and Leave Management.
- Oversees the maintenance of the HR databases of employee information and develops reports to meet management and compliance related requirements.
- Develops and analyzes ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to various employee information and data.
- Interfaces with outside vendor databases related to employee benefit, personnel data and information feeds as assigned; checks data transmission error reports and resolves issues related to eligibility and enrollment.
- Writes and reviews data query reports.
- Assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures regarding HRIS and related issues.
- Develops data mapping and data conversion plans by writing query reports and implementing test plans as directed.
- Develops training material and documentation for corporate and facility use regarding the HRIS system and HR process and procedures.
- Oversees the HRIS team in establishing system access for all members of the HR division. Oversees the establishment and maintenance of security in conjunction with IT.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems.
- Oversees the HRIS reports library.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or HR Management with a concentration in computer science plus at least seven (7) years of HR data management experience.
- Proficiency with HRIS, strong analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of HR processes and procedures and basic statistical analysis methodologies. Must be proficient in specialized report writing software; software applications including Word, Access, and Excel; database maintenance; and HRIS programs including report writing.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to extract and manipulate data and present findings to non-technical users.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Focused on quality and accuracy and possess a high degree of initiative.
- High degree of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, understand user needs, and offer suggestions to improve their requests.
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive data with the greatest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.