The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIRECT SERVICE TECH
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Under direct supervision, assists in overseeing patients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts rounds and bed checks and documents harmful behavioral indicators of patients as to maintain a safe environment; supervises patients during free and unstructured time, identifies and uses treatment tools to monitor and support the structure within the company.
- Identifies potential conflicts and implements crisis intervention techniques to prevent or intervene in potential crisis situations.
- Uses clinically appropriate professional terminology to complete forms and records, accurately and timely documenting patient assessment, planning, and progress.
- Develops and maintains appropriate professional boundaries between self, staff, patients, and collaterals and identifies issues related to ethics and boundaries.
- Identifies tasks to be completed in order of highest to lowest priority and behaviors that will not interfere with the ability to complete assignments.
- Promotes teamwork through collective effort and works cooperatively with team members.
- Pursues internal and/or external training and development opportunities.
- Identifies and integrates knowledge of treatment for specific groups.
- Transports patients.
- Performs related duties as required
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Knowledge of the procedures to follow in the event of an incident.
- Knowledge of job responsibility in emergency.
- Knowledge of responsibility regarding actions to minimize, eliminate, and report risks.
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrates a commitment to begin training or enroll in an educational program in substance abuse, counseling, or other human services program.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Minimum Experience Required
- Is able to demonstrate through life experiences (work or volunteer experience in substance abuse field or other human services) for at least one year, the ability and desire to work well with those with substance abuse problems and/or corrections.
- Encountered on a regular basis as part of the work this job performs.