The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MGR, SYSTEMS & RECORDS
at The Geo Group
Facility: NORTH LAKE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position has the overall management of the facility’s record management, computation confirmation, and retention, as well as the detainee Receiving and Releasing functions. This position is viewed as the facility’s subject matter expert in interpreting detainee sentencing and ensuring that the facility is in compliance to applicable state and federal sentencing laws. In addition, this position ensures that all detainees are received and released according to the facility’s policies and procedures. This position also performs all supervisory responsibilities for the staff within these two functional areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the facility’s Record Management, Computation Confirmation, and Retention function. Ensures employees are properly coding, documenting, and filing detainee judgments. Audits work of staff to ensure all state and federal policies, procedures, and laws are correctly applied. Provides extensive interpretation of a variety of sentencing laws to ensure accuracy of federal sentences (including awards, forfeitures, restorations, and disallowance of good time). Establishes the inmate’s lawful release date.
- Manages the facility’s detainee Receiving and Releasing function. Ensures that employees properly receive and process all incoming detainees, in addition to providing them with the necessary information and supplies that may be needed during incarceration. Ensures that all releases are properly and efficiently processed and coordinated with property outside parties.
- Conducts training sessions for all employees in the areas of sentencing, inmate commitment and release, good time and release procedures, and parole.
- Analyzes the overall operations of the employees in the department in order to establish goals and objectives, evaluate their effectiveness, and review their progress. Supervises Corrections Officers and Record Technicians in their day-to-day activities. Provides staff with necessary training and expertise in order to perform the jobs more efficiently. Handles second-level problems requiring specialized knowledge of the Record Retention and Receiving and Releasing activities. Selects, trains, and evaluates staff in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains liaison with the S. Marshals, courts, committing agencies, local law enforcement agencies, Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Postal Service, U.S. Parole Commission, and many other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Determines and verifies outstanding charges from other agencies and jurisdictions.
- Coordinates the placement and execution of warrants, indictments, and judgments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in applicable field preferred.
- Five (5) years professional experience in Record Retention and/or Inmate Receiving and Releasing activities. Two (2) years demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity with proven experience in the ability to lead, direct, and supervise staff.
- Must possess subject matter expert knowledge in a variety of state and federal sentencing laws that are applicable to the facility. Must be able to interpret these laws and effectively apply them to daily activities within the facility.
- Must possess above average written and oral communication. Previous experience in presenting information to other is preferred.
- Must be able to review and summarize data in order to provide information to management.
- Ability to perform well in crisis situations is critical.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the facility. Must be able to work effectively with a variety of outside agencies.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.